“Excellent company” 5 of 5 stars

Twin Falls, Idaho
39 attraction reviews
“Excellent company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

I came to Tobago on a cruise ship. Wendy was waiting for me and was concerned because the conditions were not good and their boat had been run aground a few days prior by waves so we could not go to the spot planned. She asked me how comfortable I was in the water and said they could arrainge for me to go to one of the other sites with another company but it would be a drift dive. I agreed and we drove to the beach site. Turned out the boat they were going to put me on wasnt going out afterall because of conditions-well they went above and beyond and found me a ride out with some turtle researchers-very cool-it was just me and they could easily have just cancelled. The current was very strong even at the bottom (felt like I was flying) and the visability poor but the coral and sea life was still amazing. Leslie held my hand during the dive which enabled me to enjoy the sealife without having to worry about drifting away from him. I was wearing a shortie and got chilled (first for me but we were down for an hour and it was raining) so instead of the 2nd dive I sat on the beach with leslie and chatted while the two turtle researchers went looking for turtles. Leslie is an amazing dive master, very interested in nature and the world, and great to hang out with. I saw the Toucan bandas that you can stay in and if I came for a land vacation would likely stay there-they seemed nice. Oh and I rented all my equipment cept mask n fins and the equipment was very good. In all I would rec this company for diving and hope to return there for a dive holiday. One word of warning-the hotel down the street from the shop (on the beach) is owned by the meanest lady I have ever met-and the manager isnt much better. I went there to use the restroom-asked the desk girl, was told where to go, and was then accosted by this mean british woman who followed me down to the dive shop along with the owner-a local woman-both yelling at me for using their restroom and demanding I pay them (there was no sign). Its not like I made a mess or anything. They were so mean they made me cry-the owner of the dive shop ended up yelling at them to stop and leave me alone. apparently there have been problems with them being nasty to guests in the past. Wow-here I had thought it would be a good place for an after dive drink-no way! Well those two bad apples aside everyone was friendly and helpful and I cant wait to go back!

Oakland, California
3 attraction reviews
“Good dive experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

My wife and I each did 10 dives with R&Sea in February 2009. We found the staff to be quite friendly and helpful, including Wendy who arranged our dives, Tracy who drove us all out to Speyside on her birthday, John who always had a joke handy, and the various divemasters and boat captains who did a very good job amidst some unusually rough seas and poor visibility that Tobago happened to be suffering.

We were pleased with the professionalism and helpfulness of all the staff that we dealt with. The dive equipment was in excellent condition, and our tanks were always filled to the top (I've dived with some shops that chronically underfilled tanks).

Note to novice divers: if you're used to large dive boats and you've only ever done the "giant stride" entries, be aware that R&Sea's boats are quite small, which means you have to do the classic backwards roll entry. There's also no shade provided on the boats, so bring your sunscreen and use it. However, it appears that nearly all of the other dive companies on Tobago have similar boats, so this is not really a criticism of R&Sea.

Overall, when we return to Tobago, we would be happy to dive with R&Sea again.

Berwick St John
27 attraction reviews
“Thanks to R&Sea - a good company to dive with”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

It was R&Sea who helped me arrange my trip to Tobago.
Wendy was extremely helpful, answering all my e-mails and even picking me up from the airport.
My instructor Tracy was excellent and very patient (I'm a qualified by still very novice diver) so I felt confident and trusted her completely. Nathaniel was also very good.

Patagonia
“Great First Dive in Tobago!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

R & Sea were very accommodating on accepting my last-minute request for a baptism dive fo my 11-year old son.
His training was as complete as could be desired and Leslie, our divemaster was patient and attentive in pointing out all of the creatures on the coral reef that we would have otherwise missed (in spite of the poor visibility).
Complete equipment rental (including shorty wetsuit), flexibility and professionalism made my son's first dive extremely memorable. We'll definitely be back, thanks!!