I stayed here for one night in the self-tent area with my Maasai guides. It was lovely. There is a restaurant and bar and you can sit right at the river and watch the animals come down to drink in the evening. There is a nice firepit, which is lit every evening. The food was excellent - and there is coffee and tea available in the morning and afternoon. Peter, the owner, is gracious and helpful.
The tent area has its own showers and pit toilets, but you are welcome to use the flush toilet near the restaurant as well. A nice alternative to the more expensive lodges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aruba Mara Camp is a tented Camp boardering the Talek River, next to Talek Gate in north Massai Mara. From Nairobi 260 Km driving through Narok. Just outside the gate, so no parkfee if you not do game-drive. We have from budget tents ( comfortable beds with mosquitonet an public bathroom ) to Big-tent ( spacious with privat bathroom ) and Luxury ( ask us for new pictures please ) category for every budget for everyone. We also have a spacious campsite with facilitys like kitchen/dining, toilets and hot water shower, security, carwash, firewood and laundry service. our buffalo bar and restaurant serving highly recomended food and a fine selection of wine, spirits and cold sodas. Naturewalks,visit of cultural village, birdwatching and hotair-balloon is available.Bushbreakfast, sundowner and fullday-drives with Lunch on request.Shutteltransfer from Nairobi can be arranged. Transfer from our airstrip is free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Aruba Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aruba Mara Camp Hotel Narok
- Aruba Mara Camp Kenya/Narok