While the staff were nice, the camp looked tired and was massively overpriced for what you get. You feel quite ripped off, especially given that the camp cost didn't include the park entry fees (us 300 per day for our small family). Also, the drivers only go a few kilometres into the park - so you see the same scenery on every game drive and are there will several other groups.
I suggest to do your research and look for game.drives that go all day and that go deep into the park - with lunch prepared while in a quiet spot out on the drive.
Hope this helps
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aruba Mara Camp is a tented Camp boardering the Talek River, next to Talek Gate in north Massai Mara. From Nairobi 260 Km driving through Narok. Just outside the gate, so no parkfee if you not do game-drive. We have from budget tents ( comfortable beds with mosquitonet an public bathroom ) to Big-tent ( spacious with privat bathroom ) and Luxury ( ask us for new pictures please ) category for every budget for everyone. We also have a spacious campsite with facilitys like kitchen/dining, toilets and hot water shower, security, carwash, firewood and laundry service. our buffalo bar and restaurant serving highly recomended food and a fine selection of wine, spirits and cold sodas. Naturewalks,visit of cultural village, birdwatching and hotair-balloon is available.Bushbreakfast, sundowner and fullday-drives with Lunch on request.Shutteltransfer from Nairobi can be arranged. Transfer from our airstrip is free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Aruba Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aruba Mara Camp Hotel Narok
- Aruba Mara Camp Kenya/Narok