My sister and I spent a long time finding a place near the Masai Mara that fit our budget but was also well recommended. Very happy to have found Aruba! The camp was wonderful all around. We stayed in a big tent, which is a giant, Army-canvass tent with two beds and a full bathroom inside. There was a nice porch overlooking the Talek River, where you could sit with your coffee and watch baboons, warthogs and gazelles across the way. Lovely! When we arrived, we were given Masai names, which was really neat. We ate three meals a day at the restaurant -- all good and a nice variety. The staff was also very good about accommodating my sister, who is a vegetarian. All the staff members were wonderful. In the evenings while you're at dinner, someone sneaks into your tent and puts hot water bottles in the beds. Marvelous! The game drives -- one in the morning, one in the afternoon -- were great, though we got screwed with the park entrance fee. The fee includes the whole day, so you are covered for the two drives. We didn't arrive early enough for the morning drive and went out in the afternoon, so we lost out. Should have just waited until the next day to get two drives covered by the fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aruba Mara Camp is a tented Camp boardering the Talek River, next to Talek Gate in north Massai Mara. From Nairobi 260 Km driving through Narok. Just outside the gate, so no parkfee if you not do game-drive. We have from budget tents ( comfortable beds with mosquitonet an public bathroom ) to Big-tent ( spacious with privat bathroom ) and Luxury ( ask us for new pictures please ) category for every budget for everyone. We also have a spacious campsite with facilitys like kitchen/dining, toilets and hot water shower, security, carwash, firewood and laundry service. our buffalo bar and restaurant serving highly recomended food and a fine selection of wine, spirits and cold sodas. Naturewalks,visit of cultural village, birdwatching and hotair-balloon is available.Bushbreakfast, sundowner and fullday-drives with Lunch on request.Shutteltransfer from Nairobi can be arranged. Transfer from our airstrip is free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Aruba Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aruba Mara Camp Hotel Narok
- Aruba Mara Camp Kenya/Narok