Aruba camp sits perched on the river on the edge of the Masai Mara right alongside one of the gates into the Masai Mara, ideally positioned for a Safari or four! The camp has large tents or a slightly more back to nature versions we chose not to sample, which also looked clean and comfortable. Our tents had two very firm, but comfortable four poster beds with a large outdoor en-suite with very hot solar heated water supply. The meals were excellent and nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
The highlights were the owl that sat on the roof answering my friend’s snore all night which had us all in stitches, watching banded mongoose playing while we ate our breakfast and hearing a lion attack in the reserve at night.
Getting to Aruba is a real adventure in itself, however once you are there it is well worth it, not 5 star, but comfortable, safe and accommodating, all you need for an African adventure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aruba Mara Camp is a tented Camp boardering the Talek River, next to Talek Gate in north Massai Mara. From Nairobi 260 Km driving through Narok. Just outside the gate, so no parkfee if you not do game-drive. We have from budget tents ( comfortable beds with mosquitonet an public bathroom ) to Big-tent ( spacious with privat bathroom ) and Luxury ( ask us for new pictures please ) category for every budget for everyone. We also have a spacious campsite with facilitys like kitchen/dining, toilets and hot water shower, security, carwash, firewood and laundry service. our buffalo bar and restaurant serving highly recomended food and a fine selection of wine, spirits and cold sodas. Naturewalks,visit of cultural village, birdwatching and hotair-balloon is available.Bushbreakfast, sundowner and fullday-drives with Lunch on request.Shutteltransfer from Nairobi can be arranged. Transfer from our airstrip is free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Aruba Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aruba Mara Camp Hotel Narok
- Aruba Mara Camp Kenya/Narok