“Well worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Langbank
Dundee
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

As a travelling businessman I stay at a lot of hotels and Gleddoch House was up there as one of the best I have stayed at within this price category. It's not 5 star but was clean, comfortable with pretty good leisure facities including a gym and swimming pool. The staff were all helpful and friendly and no request was too much trouble for them. My only complaint was the price of some of the bar snacks - £5.95 for beans on toast : at least dick turpin wore a mask!!! That a side it was a relaxing place to stay between business and I managed to get a round of golf in on the excellent 18 hole course between work engagements. This would be an excellent hotel for people wishing to get a break from a hetic everyday rutine. I would definetely stay again and it was only a short 20 minute drive from the centre of Glasgow.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Lenzie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

I was slightly nervous about booking this hotel due to some of the negative reviews on tripadvisor but I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality and standard of Gleddoch House. We arrived on a bitterly cold January evening and were greeted by the very friendly general manager. Our room was spacious and due to the weather thankfully very warm and comfortable. We had a terrific meal, at a reasonable price, before using the swimming pool and sauna facilities which we found very relaxing. This would be an ideal hotel for golfers with the course literally on the doorstep. Overall we had a great break with all the hotel staff helpful and friendly, the room very clean, warm and comfortable and the food of a high standard. Great value for money and we would definetly stay again, hopefully around June of this year.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
OHIML, General Manager at Gleddoch House Hotel, Spa & Golf Club, responded to this review, February 3, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Gleddoch House Hotel on tripadvisor. It was with great delight to learn that your stay with us was relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable. What you have described is indeed everything we aim to achieve. We shall look forward to welcoming you back to Gleddoch House Hotel in the near future.
cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

We too stayed at Gleddoch House Hotel the weekend it had its powercut and at £40 per room including breakfast I still consider it to be great value.

I stay there at least once a month and always pay the same £40 which includes a fantastic breakfast- i have stayed in most rooms and at the end of the day the pay for what you get- If you want 5 star then stay at Cameron House at the side of loch lomond but it is £150 a night.

If you want 5 star this hotel is not for you , but if you want good value clean and family friendly then this is just the place., Stunning views are free

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
We are delighted to read that you stay with us on a regular basis and you find Gleddoch House Hotel great value for money. Thank you for commenting on our wonderful views and I shall look forward to welcoming you back to Gleddoch House Hotel during your next stay.
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

My friend and I have just returmed from a 4 day Hogmany Break at Gleddoch House Hotel and we had a wondeful time. The hotel, in beautiful surroundings, was first class, the staff were unfailingly friendly and helpful and the food was excellent. Large, spotlessly clean bedrooms, with a plentiful supply of toiletries in the bathroom, hairdryer and ironing facilities. There was a large heated indoor swimming pool and gym. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to family and friends and hope to return some time in the future.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review on Gleddoch House Hotel. It is wonderful to read that you had a wonderful time here and your well deserved New Year Break was excellent. We hope to see you again soon.
scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

I was there for a party night with friends and colleagues. I am local so I am used to the great views but the frosty weather made the landscape even prettier. Rooms were comfortable and spacious with queen size beds in twin rooms.Iron and board were among the in room amenities though no remote control for flat screen TV unusually. We had a room with a view in main building. The staff I found friendly and welcoming in every area even on a busy party weekend. We didn't have time to use the leisure facilities but they looked terific. My only complaint was that my vegetarian meal was not substantial compared to my friends' meals. I was offered a different meal but my friends would have had eaten theirs by the time it arrived. Breakfast was good in lovely surroundings. I would have liked to have stayed longer and highly recommend the hotel and staff.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

Me and my husband got married at this hotel. 20 plus people stayed on the Friday night before the wedding then even more after the wedding on the Saturday night. No one who stayed in the hotel had any problems. The facilities are really good. The leisure facilities are great nice pool and gym. My husband tells me that the golf course was superb and in great conditions even given the winter months. The staff could not do any more to help. The rooms are really big and comfy. On the Saturday night we stayed in the bridal suite which is massive with great views over the Clyde.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
OHIML, General Manager at Gleddoch House Hotel, Spa & Golf Club, responded to this review, December 14, 2009
It is with great delight to read your comments posted on trip advisor regarding your recent wedding at Gleddoch House Hotel. Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are extremely pleased to read that you managed to relax and enjoy all the facilities we have to offer especially leading up to your big day. On behalf of all the staff here, we would like to say how much we enjoyed accommodating you, your family and friends and we hope to see you back again in the not too distant future.
scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

My disabled daughter and I stayed for 2 nights. Had been assured by Last Minute.com that we had a ground floor room to minimalize walking for daughter. On arrival it was a different story! Reception denied this conversation (I have evidence to the contrary) with agent and stated said room did not exist! Our room (Number 44), up many stairs, through convoluted corridors was so fatiguing, my daughter had to rest for an hour before retracing the route to go out to meet friends. There was evidence of water ingress in the corridor (strong damp smell) and the ensuite had mould on the ceiling. The room is brown and basic, certainly not as described on the web. Dining Room equally difficult to access form room. Approach road to the hotel potholed and poorly lit approach.
Don't go there if disabled and don't expect sympathy.

• Stayed November 2009
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor following your recent stay at Gleddoch House Hotel. Firstly, please accept my apologies for being unable to accommodate you and your daughter fully on this occasion. I can confirm that we do indeed have an accessible bedroom with a ramp to all the facilities at this hotel. Unfortunately, we do have to be advised prior to your arrival of the request for this bedroom. I have investigated with my front office team your concerns, I have checked the correspondence we received from your agent that reserved your bedroom and it does not state that an accessible room was required. Please accept my sincere apologies for the hotel being fully booked and on this occasion and for us being unable to offer you and your daughter a bedroom that would have been more comfortable. Please rest assured we take all our guests feedback extremely seriously. I have instructed my maintenance team to investigate and correct the bedroom faults with immediate effect.

Travelers are raving about these Langbank hotels

Been to Gleddoch House Hotel, Spa & Golf Club? Share your experiences!