Gleddoch has some great views from its hillside position but these dont make-up for the poor presentation and service.
There is a large impressive reception room for check-in complete with piano, however from there things begin to slide, some rooms are far away from reception with 2/3 stairways (the hotel sits on a hill), my room was large with a king or queen sized bed, lots of storage space and tea making facilities (wireless internet is £10).
The bathroom was clean, but;
- poorly repaired tile next to hand sink
- large hole where WC handled had become lose
- mildew around the base of the glass shower curtain
Do not under any circumstances get a link room, you will be forced to shoot next doors
occupants after hearing about the price of tea for the ninth time, there is simply no sound proofing between these rooms.
Resturatant, staff tried but lacked experience or training e.g "is this your main course" well considering I was the only person sitting at my table I think so... a fellow guest tried to order a jug of water three times. The views from the resturant are excellent however.
Food was average to good.
Breakfast was OK with service levels and memory improving.
Didnt try, gym, pool or golf.
- Quiet location away from town
- Excellent views
- Free parking
- Gym, pool and golf
- Damaged bathroom
- No sound proofing in linked rooms
- Service levels need to be improved
- Very very basic bar
Overall, looks for a day out playing golf, but staying not recommended
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gleddoch House Hotel and Golf Club and its 360 acres estate was once the home of the shipping baron, Sir William Lithgow. It is an ideal base from which to explore Scotland's famous sites and attractions and is uniquely situated for Glasgow International Airport and Glasgow city centre. Gleddoch House Hotel & Golf Club takes you away from the bustle of the city with breathtaking panoramic views of the Clyde Estuary. The property boasts 70 bedrooms with two suites, bar and dining facilities, indoor swimming pool and gymnasium, as well as an on-site 18-hole golf course that has dramatic views across the River Clyde to Ben Lomond. We consistently strive to not only meet but to exceed your expectations in delivering a first class service and invite you to sample our welcoming hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gleddoch House Hotel, Spa & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Langbank
- Gleddoch House Hotel, Spa & Golf Club Langbank, Scotland
- Gleddoch Hotel Langbank