“Magnificent Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Scourie Hotel

Scourie Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scourie
Scourie Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Scourie IV27 4SX , Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Scourie B&B and Inns
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
“Magnificent Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Second time to this hotel, which caters for people who want to fish. Staff friendly and helpful. Good food and access to some of the wildest and remotest parts of the UK. Love the place will be going again next year.

• Stayed September 2013

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went to the Scourie Hotel with my boyfriend and had the best time. The owners and the staff are very pleasant and welcoming, and make sure that you have everything you need. Our room was very clean and cosy, the food was excellent, and I cannot fault it at all. This trip was a great opportunity to get away from technology and crowds of people, and just spend time with someone.
I really enjoyed my stay, and I would hopefully, one day, go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel recently on a trip with friends. Friendly staff and clean hotel. However rooms are very tired and unattractive. Hairdryer useless. Arrangement of the dark & old fashioned could have been much better and beds pretty uncomfortable. Expensive for what we got. Nice fish and chips but being where they are I had expected much more variety of fish dishes. Too stodgy food and would have welcomed leaner /low - fat salads etc. B & B next time in spite of staff.

Room Tip: Get a b & B.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the first time during the first week in July. I hadn't ever been this far north in Scotland before so I didn't really know what to expect. I had been warned that Scourie is "in the middle of nowhere" but to be honest that was exactly what I was looking for. Being forced to sever ties with my beloved tech devices and "step away from the wifi" was a wonderful break from my usual hectic and stressful work life. There is Wifi available in certain areas of the hotel if needed but most of the time it wasn't missed.

The staff here are very friendly and aim to please whenever possible. The owners, Patrick and Judy, are warm and welcoming and are always available to answer questions or provide advice for nearby attractions (not to mention pouring the wine in the dining room). This hotel caters mostly to people coming here for the fishing but everyone is welcome. I didn't feel out of place at all.

I found the food to be faultless. Breakfast is simple but has everything you would really need. There is an assortment of cereals as well as cooked options. Dinner is much more decadent. Each night's menu had a list of different starters, mains, and puddings to choose from. The mains all came with "chefs choice" vegetables brought to the table in separate dishes to serve yourself from. Every night was a different selection but all of it tasted fresh and complemented the mains perfectly.

There is a small, but very well-stocked bar in the lounge area of the hotel strictly for the guests and another "public bar" around the corner which serves bar style food. There is an always changing selection of guest ales as well. During our stay the choices were from Black Isle Brewery.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone visiting the Scourie area.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have stayed several times over the past years and would come back again. The hotel is very clean and comfortable, owners and staff very friendly. Food delicious. Breakfast to set you up for the day, varied dinner menu.

The scenery is spectacular, and some really lovely beaches.

Broughty Ferry
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stopped here for an evening meal in the bar area , I was expecting a variety of fish as I am a fish lover the best they could give me was fish and chips scampi and chips the smallest piece of farmed smoked salmon I have very seen - big disappointment
Luckly when I was heading further east I spotted a fish van selling fish wow there was trout scallops crabs large pieces of salmon - I spent a fortune

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel a few times over the years and have always loved my visits, the proprietors are lovely and the staff are welcoming and friendly. The food has always been wonderful and the 4 course meal is such good value for money when it is easy to taste how fresh the food is, especially the fish!!! I would highly recommend this hotel for walking, fly fishing or just a wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. The propietor is very knowledgeable with all the outlying fishing and walking areas, just a well run, family hotel which is a complete retreat!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Scourie Hotel? Share your experiences!