“Soul-stirring serenity” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arunai Anantha Resort Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thiruvannaamalai
Arunai Anantha Resort Hotel
You added Arunai Anantha Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Chengam Road, Thiruvannaamalai 606 603, India   |
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Soul-stirring serenity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Arunai Anantha Resort is just the place one looks for in a religious township. Clean and hygienic, it's reassuring despite no frills whatsoever to entice its guests.

The noon Thali was a real treat. Much to our surprise, it also included a couple of delicious chapatis apart from the usual tempting fare of sambar, rice, payasam, rasam and staple vegetables. The dinner choice proved horribly wrong - we went for Chinese and had to bear with the world's most weird version of fried rice. Enjoyed our walks round the place. The parking space is enviably huge. During off season, you will have a gala time parking at different spots. The hotel environs are befitting the Ramana Maharshi Ashram which is located at a stone's throw. Wonderful place for those who relish solitude.

Reaching here could prove taxing for first timers. After Krishnagiri coming from Bangalore side, the smooth ride gets a jolt, immediately following the right for Tiruvannamalai. This diversion turns into a small lane of sorts beyond a point. No map cares to let you explicitly know but you need to pass through the shabby railway crossing of Samalpatti and then turn left towards Uttangiri before you proceed for Tiruvannamalai through Chengam.

The last leg from Samalpatti to Tiruvannamalai proves slightly prolonged, replete with potholes and traffic ... more so, if you are traveling at odd hours. We had left Chitradurga at 5 am in the morning, so it was not a big deal reaching the Arunai resort by 12.30 noon. But in case you are planning a visit, time the last leg suitably.

Room Tip: The adjacent place appears shady, don't go for a stroll at odd hours.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I would like to have stayed in this hotel but it was fully booked out due to a local religious festival. The hotel is a few kilometres outside the town in a very quiet location, and all buildings are ground floor. I did however eat in the restaurant. Dinner was a buffet which was very good. I also used the spa which was up to western standards.

I will try to book a room at this place when I return to India in January 2014

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was delighted to find one of my favourite hotels, Arunai Anantha, Tiruvannamalai is back to its glory days. I always loved the hotel, its simple architecture almost worshipping the sacred mountain Arunachala. But my last couple of visits I thought the food and service was not up to the standard I had come to expect. But no more! There is a new manager. A new chef. The rooms have been renovated. The kitchen is buzzing. The breakfast and lunch were delicious. Try the mulligatawny and French onion soups. Superb! As in any hotel, the real difference is made by the sincerity of service. The staff went out their to be helpful. And with the immense silence of mighty Arunachala pervading the property, Arunai Anantha remains the best hotel in Tiruvannamali for the seeker and discerning traveller who isn't fooled by 5 star pretentiousness ( ( and 5 star rates) offered by others. Good to have you back, Arunai! You can expect to see more of me and my circle of friends!

Room Tip: I love room 211. Beautiful view !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

As a family we visited Tiruvanamalai a week ago and stayed in this place.Rooms are neat and bath rooms are well maintained.Away from the town hence even the road to this place was neat.Breakfast was okay and the staff was friendly and ready to comply with your request,They even served us dinner at 10.30 pm ( humble curd rice) which was delicious after girivalam.
i would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Navi Mumbai, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times. I was traveling alone and wanted something that was clean, authentic, and quiet. The service is ok...I often ordered in and the staff did their best to serve to my needs. The food quality is ok. At times they would forget to bring things I had asked for. But the new manager is extremely friendly and I spent time with him. He is trying his best to bring about the needed changes - primarily around being conscious of customers' needs and expectations. The staff is mostly young and from the nearby villages/towns. they are learning...but the rooms are clean. I like the layout a lot. I had a balcony both the times I stayed and I enjoyed being there. I would stay in most of the day since it was also really hot. I would go to the Ramanashram for meditation or perform the Girivallam. Aside from these 2 activities I stayed in and just spent time by myself. There isn't much to watch on the TV - the channels are limited. So don't count on it. And besides they are in a different language - almost all of them. Overall, it was a good experience and I would go back. Also, I didn't really explore other spots in town. Yes, one more thing to note is the distance - in one way its away from everything, but that's also a problem. To go to the center of town one has to either walk or take a rickshaw and the rickshaw fare has gone up - this is something I find really irritating. They charge the localites 10-20% of what they will charge foreigners or city folks. I was paying Rs. 100 and felt robbed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

The resort is 4 km from the town and we found the rooms to be small but clean. The new Manager Vijay and his staff were friendly. The pool was not very clean and did not provide towels. The restaurant offered a very limited vegetarian menu but even that was served after a considerable delay. The South Indian meals at lunch(the only choice) was good. In the evening a plate of chappathi would take a minimum of 45 minutes. The clean toilets and rooms with good airconditioning made this a reasonable place to stay at for a short visit but I suggest that you eat out. The price should also be reduced as this is really a hotel and not a resort.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Davangere, Karnataka, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

We reached the resort by 3.30pm on 28th April 2012(which is arround 3-4 Kms from the city). The Double Delux room cost is Rs.2400+ (Room No 214). I requested them for cold water by 4pm. Till 8pm they didnot turned up. When I asked them again, they are telling to carry the water from kitchen (Ground Floor) to room no 214 (1st floor) its in the other side of the building. I had a bitter experience in the hotel. The cost of the room is too high for that room. Its not worth to pay Rs.2400+.

Room Tip: Please don't try this resort.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Thiruvannaamalai hotels

Been to Arunai Anantha Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!