“Great menu with huge selection of game dishes” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Great menu with huge selection of game dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012 via mobile

Went here for my partner's birthday, as a group of 9. Had a fabulous evening; great food, very good service, not too expensive either. Will definately be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“If you like great food, love superb drinks and enjoy a friendly atmospher and you have children you are NOT welcome!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely gutted, my favourite place to eat has just banned kids on Friday and Saturday nights.
I phoned up to book in for my wife's birthday only to be told that my children weren't welcome. Couldn't believe it as this was always such a lovely place to bring my whole family. Sad reflection on our society I suppose where "family" means very little!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service and pleased that children have now been excluded”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Have eaten here before and always found the food and service excellent. Like a previous reviewer there have, at times, been lots of noisy children around. Pleased to see that they have now been excluded. As usual the food was lovely and the service attentive and prompt.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chesterfield
“Excellent Food, Service & Atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I visited the Staff Of Life for a friends 40th birthday party and had to rave about it as I have had a few bad experiences recently at other restaurants and my faith has been restored! The menu choice was varied and we all tried something different and were all very happy with our choices. Service was excellent and I especially loved the home made bread served at the beginning & the yummy homemade sweets, I normally don't have one but couldn't resist when I noticed the sweets served on the table next to us!!...It was also nice that they have a policy of no young children on weekend evenings which meant we could all chill in a relaxed atmostphere!!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leicester, United Kingdom
“heaving with screaming kids”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We used to eat here a lot but due to the unbelievable noise level from screaming and bored toddlers we will never go again. We pay good money for a pleasant experience and screaming kids are not a pleasant experience. The parents ignored them and carried on eating thier meals while we could not hear ourselves think.
Staff did nothing about it.
Shame because the food is lovely.

• Visited July 2011