Firstly the town of Gioiosa Marea was hard to find as it is not sign posted off the motorway - you need to turn off at Brollo and then follow the signs on the sea road - then finding the road up to the hotel was just as difficult - we could see the hotel but not the road up to it! Just follow the signs to Conad supermarket and you will eventually see signposts to the hotel itself - once there you will find it is well worth the effort of getting there - the views are breathtaking, all the rooms face the sea - the hotel is furnished in a modern retro style, very clean and comfortable. The reception staff, especially Rosy, are all very helpful and welcoming as are all the hotel personnel. The pool is absolutely wonderful with views to die for. The only downside was that twice a day there is extremely loud music around the pool for Zumba and water aerobics. There were plenty of sunbeds around the pool and also on the beach, which has a regular shuttle bus service to and from the hotel, and a really good restaurant and bar. Now for the negatives - the lack of wifi in the hotel rooms was a bit of an inconvenience especially as there was no English TV, not even CNN - also there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room and no facilities for omelettes or cooked eggs at the breakfast buffet. The machine coffee was fine as far as we were concerned, but one of the machines broke down on the third day of our stay, which resulted in long queues which was rather irritating. Also pool/beach towels are not provided but can be hired for 3 Euros a day - these few gripes do make the hotel more of a 3 star rather than 4 star - but the plus points - the views, the pool, and modern comfortable accommodation - more than make up for any negatives.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Avalon Sikani Resort And Residence Sicily
- Grand Avalon Sikani Resort & Residence Sicily Hotel
- Grand Avalon Sikani Resort & Residence Sicily Hotel Gioiosa Marea
- Grand Avalon Sikani Gioiosa Marea
- Hotel Avalon Sikani Sicily/Gioiosa Marea, Italy
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo and Fastbooking so you can book your Hotel Avalon Sikani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.