“A pure provincial french hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Relais Champenois

Le Relais Champenois
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sezanne
Le Relais Champenois
You added Le Relais Champenois to your Saves list
157 rue Notre Dame | Sézanne, 51120 Sezanne, France   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sezanne
Lausanne, Switzerland
“A pure provincial french hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

This story should be taken as a study case in the Hospitality Industry and for LOGIS DE FRANCE.
I handled the reservation to this Hotel 2 months ago, and me "client" had to confirm and re confirm the reservation with never one mail in return...I had to call in order to double check if the reservation was confirmed. And the owner made me understood that taking no dinner was "negative" (own feeling).
I was not expecting a deluxe hotel - 2 stars - but... Arriving, the welcome was not friendly, even if I received my key after telling me that the room was not ready - 1pm -. The room was the handicapped room, with no air refreshment working in the bathroom, and not even mentioning me this fact, I do admit that handicapped rooms are important in hotels, but when you are not in a wheel chair it is also difficult to use certain items (especially when you are tall...). The only information I received was you have to take the breakfast before 10 am tomorrow (sunday) we have a group coming (funny, I came for a wedding...10 AM bad for me)
The night was for sure short, the room terribly smelly (stagnant water ?), the room very clean and friendly staff not the case of the owner... nice flowers outside. The room remain basic even if the TV has satellite (but not working). Finally I had my breakfast at 10.30 am, as I went and ask for a tray, gently served as I did pay for it but I had to take it myself in the room...
In other words it looks like the restaurant is good (even watching at the menu very classical).
The Hotel is one of the 3 or 4 in the city, the staff very courteous and helpful, the cleanliness excellent but please...the welcome, the attitude of the owner is almost a joke... but could be taken as an example by STANGER in his french experiences.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
sunderland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

Working at a nearby site, this hotel appeared to be one of the few options avaiable to us at short notice.

We stayed here for two nights in an antiquated and untidy appartment, which we were told was the only room available. However there were plenty free parking spaces outside which suggested the contrary.

The 'madame' of the hotel was at times overly friendly then at others blatantly rude. We heard her complaining about 'les anglais' at dinner for instance.

Dinner was itself nice enough, however she offered a choice of dishes and drinks to the French customers only and when i asked her for a menu, tolf me tjhat we could only have one dish anyway as part of our demi pension deal....which we were ended up paying 150 euros a night for!

I asked on the second night about cancelling the dinner, however she told me that was fine but she would lock the front door at half 9 if we went out for dinner in town. She was also going to charge us for the dinner anyway.

Having had a hard day on site, we couldn't be bothered arguing and stayed for dinner. Passing the front door at nearly 10 on the way to our room the door was still open.

I would advise staying at a different hotel at all costs if you have to visit this town and give the prison relais champenois a wide berth.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Sezanne hotels

Durham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

As the title suggests, we were charged an obscene amount for a twin room dinner bed and breakfast. The room rate on the bedroom door stated 85Euros for the room per night. So that would mean dinner and breakfast cost us 113Euros. Dinner was ok but not that good........ The madame on reception didnt help us with our queries about the price and said that was how much the room was. Wont be going back there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

I celebrated my birthday with 10 friends at the Relais Champenois. We had a wonderfull time. We stayed in the newly renovated rooms and there are spacious and modern with flat screens, mini bar. We enjoyed the local drink (champagne) at the bar. The dinner was just incredible. The home made Foie gras from the chef is a must have. The main dishes were also wonderful. Try the cheese plate with more than 20 selections!!! As a dessert we enjoyed a chocolate creme brulée (to die for).
The only negativ point I found was the breakfast. It is a continental breakfast. The juices were good, the coffee strong as I like it but the cheese selection was disappointing for me (in comparison with the dinner)
We were more than warmly welcomed and the staff is very nice.
During the week end we visited the surroundings (outlet shopping in Troyes, cellar visiting in Epernay) Ask the reception where you can buy local champagne (they have good addresses)

• Liked — the food
  • Disliked — the breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Le Relais Champenois? Share your experiences!