I just stayed in this hotel for business purpose close to the Amstelveen office zone. I expected some basic and standard service from a 4 stars hotel : good Internet connection, nice english breakfast (usual well served in The Netherlands), good classic restaurant or room service - in a few words, nothing special considering a 4 stars hotel.
1. terrible Internet connection : most likely a single poor ADSL shared by all guests, I was even not able to download some PDF.
2. Breakfast : less than basic, forget the beans and sausages, avoid the overburned eggs and the non-fresh orange juice.... and not before 7.15 during business days ! Not even a toaster is available.
3. Dinner : No restaurant inside and no room service : the nearest restaurant close to the hotel (200m) is the TgeregT which is very expensive for microwave cooking meals.
I don't know who delivers this hotel ranking and based on which criteria but definitively the Grand Hotel Amstelveen is just a small 3 stars hotel compared to other hotels in the surroundings.
Last but not least, there was a very large wet sport on the carpet's room near the heater... and it was even not possible to swap for another room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Motor Hotel located in suburban area, close to Aalsmeer flower auction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Agoda so you can book your Grand Hotel Amstelveen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amstelveen Grand Hotel