“To be avoided!” 1 of 5 stars

Strandvliet 22 | 1181ml Amstelveen, 1181 ML, Amstelveen, The Netherlands   |
Forte Dei Marmi, Italia
“To be avoided!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I needed a room where to stay for about 10 days and I saw that this accommodation would have been the cheapest. I called the Mila (the owner) and she asked me to send her a deposit. I did a bank transfer on saturday and I should have checked in following monday. Indeed bank transfers work during weekdays so the owner would have seen her money only on monday, my check in date. I sent a confirmation on saturday afternoon and on saturday evening she mailed me that the room was not available anymore. Everywhere in the world the meaning of the deposit is to block a room. The event could have been solved in a good way (apologizing for the mistake) but on the phone Mila was extremely unpolite, screaming, offending and hanging down the phone, blaming me for the fact that the money was not yet arrived (saturday...) and on the fact that previously I asked a discount. After an exchange of many heated emails, where the host went on offending, I got my money back on time. All in all: don't trust this host, your booking might be deleted without notice and this means a huge search and expense to search a new accommodation at the last moment. If you wish to pay that kind of rates, just search on Airbnb.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alessandro717

Real Northern California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were met the first day by Mila in her bathrobe telling us we were early when, in reality, we were an hour late after an all night flight from San Francisco. Room not as described on her website. Lodgers living in B&B were given advertised rooms. We had bathroom with dysfuntional sink on our floor (it had a leak that ended up on the floor when the little dish being used to catch it filled up) and had to navigate steep spiral staircase to use a toilet. Lodgers built fires below our window in outdoor grate two nights in a row with smoke from the fire and their cigarettes permeating our room. We left two days early because of this. Mila promised a refund of one night but didn't do so.

If you like to stay up late, drink and chat, and sit by an outdoor fire, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank notycoon22

Travelers are raving about these Amstelveen hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Amstelveen
Alp de Veenen Hotel
4.5 of 5 stars 757 reviews
Grand Hotel Amstelveen
#1 of 5 in Amstelveen
3.5 of 5 stars 184 reviews

Been to Mila's Villa? Share your experiences!