“To be avoided!” 1 of 5 stars

Strandvliet 22 | 1181ml Amstelveen, 1181 ML Amstelveen, The Netherlands   |
Forte Dei Marmi, Italia
“To be avoided!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I needed a room where to stay for about 10 days and I saw that this accommodation would have been the cheapest. I called the Mila (the owner) and she asked me to send her a deposit. I did a bank transfer on saturday and I should have checked in following monday. Indeed bank transfers work during weekdays so the owner would have seen her money only on monday, my check in date. I sent a confirmation on saturday afternoon and on saturday evening she mailed me that the room was not available anymore. Everywhere in the world the meaning of the deposit is to block a room. The event could have been solved in a good way (apologizing for the mistake) but on the phone Mila was extremely unpolite, screaming, offending and hanging down the phone, blaming me for the fact that the money was not yet arrived (saturday...) and on the fact that previously I asked a discount. After an exchange of many heated emails, where the host went on offending, I got my money back on time. All in all: don't trust this host, your booking might be deleted without notice and this means a huge search and expense to search a new accommodation at the last moment. If you wish to pay that kind of rates, just search on Airbnb.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Families
Business
Real Northern California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were met the first day by Mila in her bathrobe telling us we were early when, in reality, we were an hour late after an all night flight from San Francisco. Room not as described on her website. Lodgers living in B&B were given advertised rooms. We had bathroom with dysfuntional sink on our floor (it had a leak that ended up on the floor when the little dish being used to catch it filled up) and had to navigate steep spiral staircase to use a toilet. Lodgers built fires below our window in outdoor grate two nights in a row with smoke from the fire and their cigarettes permeating our room. We left two days early because of this. Mila promised a refund of one night but didn't do so.

If you like to stay up late, drink and chat, and sit by an outdoor fire, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mila's Villa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mila's Villa

Address: Strandvliet 22 | 1181ml Amstelveen, 1181 ML Amstelveen, The Netherlands
Location: The Netherlands > North Holland Province > Amstelveen
Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette
Ranked #2 of 4 Specialty Lodging in Amstelveen
Mila's Villa is a relaxed and hospitable B&B with Mila as your hostess.Milas Villa is situated in old historic Amstelveen, a leafy suburb of Amsterdam with parks, swimming pools, forest walks,children's petting farms etc.Hire a bike at the corner of the B&B or take the tram, metro in 2 minutes walking distance from the B&B to the City Center of Amsterdam in 10-15 minutes . In 5 minutes to the RAI Convention Centre. Within 10 minutes walk from the largest shopping centre the Binnenhof.Cobra Museum,AALSMEER the flower auction, 15 minutes by Bus .Free parking in front of the B&B. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Mila's Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Mila's Villa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.