Stayed for one night during October with my 16yr old son.
Great place to view the nocturnal mammals beneath the resaurant.
Food was excellant, all staff very friendly and attentive.
Look out for the Fish Eagle every morning, and the Busbabies at the restaurant during the evening
Accommodation is basic but that is part of the charm of the place.
Would highly recommend a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Shimba National Reserve a 45 minutes drive from Mombasa town or Diani, Shimba is the last remaining habitat for the magnificent Sable Antelope in the country. A unique rainforest destination with a variety of walking excursions that bring you closer to nature than ever before. Shimba’s proximity to the beach makes it ideal for the perfect beach and bush holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Shimba Hills Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shimba Hills Hotel Shimba Hills National Reserve
- Shimba Hills Lodge Hotel Kenya/Shimba Hills National Reserve