“A unique experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The George Hotel & Brasserie

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Buckden
The George Hotel & Brasserie
You added The George Hotel & Brasserie to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   High St, Buckden PE19 5XA, England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Buckden
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“A unique experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The George exceeded my expectations. It is a lovely building with a great sense of history but all the modern conveniences. I was made to feel very welcome as I was shown up to my room and the staff were both very nice and very professional. We were there for a special occasion and the meal and the service were superb. It was also excellent value for money and we will certainly be treating ourselves by going back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cambridgeshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here recently and had such a nice time. Big room which was beautifully decorated (and with a nice view of the courtyard garden), lovely food in the restaurant and great staff! All public areas looked clean and tidy too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I booked to stay with my wife as it was a special treat for her cancer remission. the rooms were basic. the sevice at dinner was a disappointment a young girl served us and she didnt have a clue what she was doing apart boss the other staff about. the food was ok but the breakfast was amazing!! It arrived fast and hot and portion size was just right. i would definitly come just for the breakfast! The main was a disappointment we were distracted by banging and shouting from a loud man from the kitchen.we were informed by a waitress it was the headchef we were shocked.the poor staff he was shouting at i dare to imagine what they were feeling. we also heard swearing from him. i was very shocked this happened in front of the customers. the waitress serving was always flustered.she also was not dressed the same as the others.which i found odd. she was extremley rude slamming the plates. and getting our requests mixed up. .will only go back now if we are passing for a breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013
Chalfont St. Giles, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Needing to break a journey on the A1, we stumbled on the George. The service was superb, friendly, comforting and professional. The food was great, the surroundings really pleasant, bright, modern and still cosy. The prices made it far better value than eating in a service station. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was looking for somewhere for my Husbands birthday, however I didn't want to travel far. I then remembered 'The George'. About 18 months ago my mother and I had happened upon it on a day out and had lunch. The lunch was excellent and I took the details of the hotel for a possible future trip. I found the details and booked, hoping it was as nice as I remembered. All I can say is that we had a lovely stay, the staf were refreshingly enthusiastic and welcoming - nothing was too much trouble. Unfortunately the weather was awful but the roaring log fire with the warm friendly welcome was resful in itself. The room was elegant and the bathroom large. They supply L'octaine bath products which was a lovely touch. Tea and coffee are not supplied in the room and the hotels explanation for this was that they prefer to bring fresh coffee or tea to the room whenever this is requested. We booked for dinner and both our meals were excellent, once again the service was fantastic and also very reasonable. Can't wait to stay again - do try it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have stayed here more times than I can remember. This latest stay is my third this year, and coincidentally the third review I have done. This stay was the first time my wife has joined me, the other trips being mid week business ones, and the presence of my wife, and more time to kick back really made the stay much more enjoyable.

To be fair, earlier this year I thought The George had rested on their laurels somewhat, but this was my second visit since I thought that, and I am delighted to report that this is officially once again - my favourite hotel in the UK.

Whether you're dining or sleeping, or both - The George is a great, built on service, establishment, which is well worth a visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cannock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Quaint hotel with friendly staff who are always busy trying to help make your stay more comfortable. No coffee making in your room but they will always bring you a drink should you require. Only fault t.v's could do with up dating.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to The George Hotel & Brasserie? Share your experiences!