“Alison J” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Alison J”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I read the mixed reviews for this restaurant but as I was in the area thought I would give it a try. Found it to be good value for money, pleasant waiter and food good. Would certainly return.

73% Recommend
Leeds
“What a pleasant surprise!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I must say that I had very low expectations before I ate at 'Memories of India', but my family and I were very pleasantly surprised!!
The service was fantastic, the menu was extensive, the decor very tasteful and the staff could not have been more helpful. Being from Leeds, we eat Indian food in Leeds and Bradford regularly so are quite hard to please, however both our meals at 'Memories of India' were excellent and I would not hesitate to recommend it.
The only thing that slightly irritated me is that they don't have a kids menu, they just knock £1 off the adult price - most Indian restaurants will do a 'half portion' from the normal menu, or offer selected kids meals (ie Korma, Tikka Massala etc) for a reduced price.
That's probably just me being picky, overall I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
edinburgh
“Fabbydozey!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

No matter what part of he country I am in I cannot wait to get back to this amazing restaurant. The food, staff and ambience are all superb. I can honestly say this is the best Indian restaurant I have eaten in, by far, in the UK. Callum and the boys are always very friendly and cannot do enough for you. If you havent tried it, RUN all the way............

Visited October 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Poor standard of food and slow service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I had to sit for ten minutes before even being served. My drinks took roughly the same amount of time to arrive and I was starving after waiting for 20 mins. My food came about 15 mins later too.

My vindaloo wasn't hot enough after I asked for it being very hot. it was also on the aslty side and had too much paprika put in it which was highly unpleasant. My rogan josh was too tough and dry- the lamb was akin to leather. Furthermore it cost a lot!

The toilets were a little mucky and could do with a good clean.

Overall I had an unenjoyable experience here.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Amazzing service but lacks on food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Came here for a sit in anf must say that the place is very small but nicely decorated. Service here is terrific, fast and friendly.

However the food is bog-standard. My samosas were too greasy as so were my curries but they were more than edible.

The premisies appear to be clean.

• 3 of 5 stars Food