Came to Koh Lipe for a few days in the middle of the busy season, so I wanted to book my accommodation in advance. It was a bit late notice and one of the last options I had was for the Honeymoon Suite at Sita. It was not cheap, but it certainly was luxurious.
The room was amazing... perched high up towards the back of the resort (a few steps to reach it, but should pose no trouble for most people) with sensational views of the resort, ocean, beach and surrounding area. The bed was huge and comfortable, air con was good, spa bath huge, great balcony, free mini bar (but no beer in it), open plan and nice decoration with all the flowers. Certainly would be the place I would like if I really was on my honeymoon.
Service was pretty good I felt... they were really friendly to us, sure some things get lost in because of language and please don't expect 5 star service... but just remember where you are. But they tried hard and were happy to help with anything we asked... just remember, it is common for people to say "yes" to you when they don't understand what you have asked.
2 pools in the resort, one big one down near the beach for the kids and families... I loved the one up the top at the back, amazing views and sometimes better than being on the beach.
Back down on the beach... beautiful clear water, easy swimming, calm water, coral and fish not too far out (so easy snorkelling) and sensational sunset. Beach chairs were available and we never had a problem getting one... umbrellas were there for you if you need too.
All in all... I really enjoyed Sita. It isn't for everyone... some like it more quiet and smaller properties and the price would put many off... but if you can afford it, I reckon do it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sita Beach Resort have 61 rooms with a stylish and classical Thai design style resort. All rooms are equipped with excellent facilities. Include tropical garden bathrooms. There are 7 types of villas and all rooms include self-controlled air condition, hot/cold water, LCD TV, cable news, movies channels, safety box, minibar, hair dryer and electric kettle with complimentary coffee and tea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sita Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sita Beach Hotel Koh Lipe
- Sita Beach Resort And Spa