“Great option for Koh Lipe luxury... if you can afford it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sita Beach Resort & Spa

You added Sita Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sita Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Villa   |   Moo 7, Pattaya Beach | Koh Sarai, Ko Lipe 91000, Thailand   |
4.0 of 5 stars 145 Reviews
China
“Great option for Koh Lipe luxury... if you can afford it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Came to Koh Lipe for a few days in the middle of the busy season, so I wanted to book my accommodation in advance. It was a bit late notice and one of the last options I had was for the Honeymoon Suite at Sita. It was not cheap, but it certainly was luxurious.

The room was amazing... perched high up towards the back of the resort (a few steps to reach it, but should pose no trouble for most people) with sensational views of the resort, ocean, beach and surrounding area. The bed was huge and comfortable, air con was good, spa bath huge, great balcony, free mini bar (but no beer in it), open plan and nice decoration with all the flowers. Certainly would be the place I would like if I really was on my honeymoon.

Service was pretty good I felt... they were really friendly to us, sure some things get lost in because of language and please don't expect 5 star service... but just remember where you are. But they tried hard and were happy to help with anything we asked... just remember, it is common for people to say "yes" to you when they don't understand what you have asked.

2 pools in the resort, one big one down near the beach for the kids and families... I loved the one up the top at the back, amazing views and sometimes better than being on the beach.

Back down on the beach... beautiful clear water, easy swimming, calm water, coral and fish not too far out (so easy snorkelling) and sensational sunset. Beach chairs were available and we never had a problem getting one... umbrellas were there for you if you need too.

All in all... I really enjoyed Sita. It isn't for everyone... some like it more quiet and smaller properties and the price would put many off... but if you can afford it, I reckon do it.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms looked great, seaview rooms up high were awesome... but not for those who don't l...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I spent 6 nights in this hotel at the beginning of December. I had chosen this hotel for its central location on Pattaya Beach and for its two swimming pools. Moreover, I wanted to be not to be far from the walking street (10 minutes walk). I stayed at a beachfront deluxe villa which was more expensive than the other bedrooms. My biggest concern was the springs of the bed that you feel all the time and can prevent you from sleeping. You receive as toiletries: toothbrush with toothpaste, cotton buds, comb, shower cap, shower gel and shampoo in a dispenser. You also have an electric device against mosquito (no mosquito net). The room was beautiful but you are next the entrance of the hotel, the restaurant and the lobby. One evening, a group of 40 of Thai people had a party in the restaurant with musicians and it was impossible to sleep. At 10 pm, I made a complaint to the reception and 10 minutes later, the music was stopped. Of course, they continued to talk until midnight but I really appreciated the effort of everyone. In my bedroom, I had a fridge with 2 cola, 2 fanta, 2 sprite and 4 bottles of water of 500 ml everyday and it was complimentary. For the breakfast, we received the classical buffet which was good. The emails sent to the hotel where always answered. They picked me up, free of charge, at Pattaya Beach (central part of the island) at my arrival with the speed boat from Koh Kradan (I had sent an email the day before to give the schedule). The hotel is beautiful but unfortunately they don't maintain their wooden sunbeds ... (5 wooden sunbeds and 6 plastic sunbeds at the main swimming pool and 20 wooden sunbeds at the second swimming pool + 35 plastic sunbeds on the beach ... ) but they care for the vegetation. The staff was rather indifferent than friendly. I will return to this hotel for its location and its two swimming pools but I will book a cheaper bedroom (all the rooms have the same furniture and decor).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Berkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

and I thought the staff were lovely...
Our room was clean and very comfortable (although the bed was a bit firm), and the sea views were wonderful. The downside of course was the long uphill climb to the room, but once there it was worth it. We ate once in the restaurant, which overlooks the beach,and the staff could not do enough for us. There are plenty of very good, cheaper places to eat on the beach - which we did on other nights and at lunchtimes, but this is a hotel and therefore you expect to pay more . The food here was really good - tons of fresh fish, and a good menu.
If we are ever fortunate enough to go back to Koh Lipe, we would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't want a long climb up to the room, there are lovely rooms around the pool, but witho...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011 via mobile

My daughters chose the hotel, we stayed for six nights. Fabulous. Lovely friendly staff and wonderful resort.

• Stayed December 2011
Camberley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

On paper this resort has to be the best on the Island, unfortunately it fails on many counts to live up to its' credentials. During our stay on the island, we visited the resort with a view to booking here for a planned trip early next year. We ordered some drinks from the bar and sat down. Shortly after sitting down we were told that as we were not guests we couldnt remain in the bar/pool/beach area. The staff were rude, but were happy to take our money for some over priced fruit drinks. We were made to feel like pariahs and I can honestly say that I would never recommend to stay here to anyone. Looking at some of the previous reviews, I am not suprised. If you are looking for a high end resort, check out the Idyllic, its far better.

bloxham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I would not stay at this resort again as the attitude of the staff left a lot to be desired.They were high handed and not very helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

We spent 7 nights at this resort. We chose the most expensive room (Deluxe Beach Front Villa).
We came to regret it. Because it's located next to the bar/restaurant and reception area, there were nights where we were kept awake by the music and noise level, emanating from the bar/restaurant area in particular. We did complain about this several times and the music level was brought down, but we shouldn't have to be asking. It's unacceptable at almost £200 a night.

Our room was nice but there were some communication problems in regards to cleaning. We asked for our bed sheets to be changed. Instead they just shook off any excess sand.
In our bathroom there were ants everyday. On our last night, there was a small snake in the bathroom. When I came back in the morning it was gone.

By far the worse thing for us was a 3% credit card charge, which we found really petty when you consider we had spent £1500 in just a week. There are no ATM's on the island, so if you don't want to be hit with a credit card charge, I suggest you bring plenty of cash, otherwise you will be hit with a 10% charge for taking out cash through this resort. They know you don't have a choice so they exploit this. It's really petty!

The last issue, was when we were leaving, they had the audacity to embarrass us in front of other guests, by asking us if we had taken 2 small glasses from the room. That is totally unacceptable and unprofessional behaviour! And no we didn't take them!

Unfortunately, there are no decent resorts on the island as it is still quite underdevoped. This place leaves a lot to be desired. If they started behaving differently in regards to these silly charges, used a bit of tact when dealing with their guests and were more considerate when it came to the bar noise, then this could easily be reviewed as very good.

In the meantime they will have to look at their working practices.

Thanks for reading.

Room Tip: I would suggest one of the roomms at the back away from all the noise. It will even be cheaper.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sita Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!