“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Istanbul, Turkey
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Excellent service quality. Special table in the courtyard was prepared for us (they hadn't yet opened it) with heaters because we wanted to sit outside. Music system was immediately setup in the courtyard because we asked for some music. For another table next to us with young kids, special meals were prepared for the kids (pretty sure the meals were not in the menu). Overall extremely attentive personnel always ready to ensure absolute customer satisfaction.

Food was fantastic- Mezes were amazing. Some very different innovative mezes we had never tasted before that were brilliant.

Apart from the service and food I want to especially indicate the great price to quality ratio. For such a meal with such service quality in a pla'ce like Alacati the price was very very very good. Given the increasingly ridiculous pricing schemes of some of the establishments in Alacati, I congratulate pla'Ce for staying humble.

• Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“late night delicious mezzas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate here late August with our Turkish friends. THeir hotel recommended this and it is a Turkish, fish mezza restaurant. the restaurant is quaint and the food was very good. Lots of Turkish mezzas to choose from and the fish was very good. I would definitely recommend. the owner was delightful and very helpful....

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maleny
“Wonderful ambience but average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were most impressed with the ambience.
Metzes range was extensive and tasty though accompanying bread was not particulatly fresh or tasty.
Wine was good though expensive.
Main courses were quite expensive and, while one was above average, the more expensive was disappointingly average.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best Meal Enjoyed After 3 Weeks Traveling in Turkey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Like many others on TA I can be skeptical of reviews raving about the #1 restaurant in a foreign city, but my experience at pla'Ce this evening was so phenomenal I have to write the review tonight! The town of Alacati, Turkey, is a very swanky Turkish resort town not frequented by many of your standard "tourists" which is what makes the downtown walking area so special - rather than a bunch of mediocre tourist trap restaurants you are lucky enough to have a wide range of high class and high quality food options. After traveling all over Turkey for 3 weeks I have yet to be impressed with much of the Turkish cuisine tasted so far (which has been rather disappointing -coming from Northern California with such a vast range of wonderful food options- as we had high hopes of delicious Mediterranean Turkish food)...until tonight! pla'Ce is truly a gem among the many other flashy food establishments in Alacati. Set off the main pedestrian thoroughfare a bit with a beautiful courtyard, the food and the owner/staff were so great my husband and I are contemplating returning tomorrow evening as well! I wish Ceyda all the best with her amazing restaurant and look forward our return to Alcati...

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“There is a good reason it's #1.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We chose this restaurant based on T/A and were glad we did. The food really is fresh and flavourful. I had the meatballs with tomatoes - perfect seasoning and impressive flavour. I wish my stomach was bigger so I could fit more in. We talked to the owner and she is a lovely young lady. Very impressive that she has built such a good reputation in a relatively short time. I'm looking forward to going back.

• Visited August 2013