“Beautiful hotel, great location, wonderful staff and don't get me started on the delicious food...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alacati Zeytin Konak Hotel

You added Alacati Zeytin Konak Hotel to your Saves list
Alacati Zeytin Konak Hotel
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Fahrettin Altay Cad. Lale Sok. No:4, Alacati, Cesme 35950, Turkey   |
Ranked #16 of 155 Alacati B&B and Inns
minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

My husband and I just spent 5 nights at this lovely hotel - and highly recommend it. The hotel is 2 blocks away from the lively center of Alacati - so you are in a quiet area yet very close to all the excitement. They have free parking - a *very important* thing, as you must have a car to explore that area (and to get to the beach - the shore is not close to the center of town at all!!!).
As you can see on their photos, it consists of 4 wonderful stone mansions, each with 3-5 rooms, 2 lovely swimming pools and a great shaded patio where breakfast is served every morning. The breakfast is brought to your table in a series of small plates with all the best from Turkey - different types of bread, homemade jams, tomatoes, olives, 4 different cheeses, and a different homemade hot treat every morning. You see many people coming over just for breakfast, even if they are not guests of the hotel.
The staff is fantastic and everyone speaks good English. They helped us with many things such as scheduling wind-surfing lessons, restaurant recommendations and reservations, changing our flights, etc. Although we went on one of their busiest weeks (end-of-Ramadan holiday in Turkey), they still took the time to be very attentive to each guest.
The rooms are simple yet cozy - just a bed, a wardrobe, bedside tables and modern bathroom, but all very clean and beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking their beautiful patios (vs. the street)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

As being a Cesme lover, I have been in so many hotels in the region. There are so many boutique hotels in Alacati however most of them are not boutique but regular pension type ones. Zeytin hotel is a bit bigger than the regular boutique hotels in Alacati. It is also one of the oldests. The couple owner of the hotel are the wind surfers especially the lady owner is very elegant and helpfull as well. The breakfast of the hotel is very strong very rich and very satisfying. Probably one of the best in the region. I sometimes visit this hotel for only breakfast while staying in some where else cheaper. The hotel is in walking distance to the most popular street of alaçati, only 10 mins. and also there are lots of parking spaces in front of the hotel which is very crucial since in summer parking in Alacati is a big problem.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

My family and I have just returned from our second stay in as many years at the Zeytin Konak Hotel, and we enjoyed this visit to Alacati just as much as we did our first one the previous year.

The hotel's in a good location not far from the centre of the village, and has nice, large rooms. What makes it special, however, is the amazing breakfast, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and it's two warm swimming pools.

I would recommend to have some sort of transport as the windsurfing spot is a short drive away, and you'll also be able to drive to Cesme and the surrounding beaches such as Fun Club, Ayayorgi and Ilica.

So I'd thoroughly recommend the hotel, and I wouldn't rule myself and my family returning to Alacati and the Zeytin Konak for a third year in a row.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

With a splendid location and charming athmosphere, this gorgeus hotel easily corresponds to a boutique hotel with "all artfully in". Every touch in the architecture of Zeytin contains artistic marks. The rooms are very well decorated full of gum and daphne smells and definitely relax the guests when entered.
Two swimming pools and again well decorated large garden also makes you happier than ever you had before.
The staff is also very kind and helpful. Will definitely stay in Zeytin again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011 via mobile

My visit started off with a problem. I had no reservation as something went wrong between my travel agent and the hotel. The hotel manageress could not have been more helpful in trying to find a solution despite the hotel being full given the high season. A room was found and I was offered a message to help make things better.
The location of the hotel is excellent. It is within walking distance of the town center but away from the noise. It is also an easy bus ride from the beaches.
The hotel is composed of four two story buildings around two pools in two courtyards. Despite the hotel being full I never would have guessed do. The public areas were always very quite and at times I felt that I was the only guest.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and everything was done with a smile. No request was too much of an effort. I was constantly offered cold drinks, tea, cake etc.
I experienced two rooms. Both were comfortable and had good bathrooms.
The hotel also had WiFi which I could access in my room and in the courtyards. And it was free which is a nice touch.
In summary I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed July 2011
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

The rooms were simple but spotlessly clean, bright and spacious. We were at the end of a busy 5 week journey of Turkey and this was an excellent oasis in which to relax and enjoy our days at the pool which used no chemicals. The Manager and staff were excellent and constantly checked to ensure our stay was everything we expected. We enjoyed the short walk into town for dinners in the evenings. Great food and people watching. Many excellent restaurants to choose from and it was a lovely town. Bus service to the next town and beach area was inexpensive and reliable. We highly recommend stayng there. P.S. They do not serve alchohol, wine or beer which would have been nice for lunch or sitting by the pool.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor facing south. It had windows and a small balcony which gave us fr...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Istanbul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

a quite place to stay and relax in alacati. ilknur & ertugrul make your stay even more pleasurable with their detailed assistance. I must also admit that their staff is also very sweet and nice.

recommendation:
ask for pishi for breakfast :)

Kaan Kiran
July, 2011

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Alacati Zeytin Konak Hotel? Share your experiences!