“The setting is better than the food!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Ockley
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Spacious and relaxed, Bryce's is a seafood restaurant located in the historic Surrey village of Ockley. The straightforward menu opts for a fresh, simple approach to fish, with intelligent and uncompetitive flavouring. Daily specials include meat and vegetarian dishes, while the bar menu offers lighter meals for casual diners or those in a hurry.
Shepperton, United Kingdom
“The setting is better than the food!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I used to eat here a lot but mainly in the bar area and the the food was always very enjoyable so I decided to take my wife there for Sunday lunch . Well that was a dissappointment, it's supposed to be a fresh fish restaurant, the fish was tasteless the veg were over cooked and it was not worth the trip down there or the money we paid.

Visited October 2013

Horsham
“Regular eater here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

very good fish and value for money staff very good with a warm
atmosphere.There is an excellent choice of fresh fish as well as the regular very good menu.

Visited April 2014
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
“Saturday night treat ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We came to Ockley to do a long walk during the day on Saturday and booked a table for 2 at Bryce's on Saturday night. We booked on line and though turned up 20 minutes late a very nicely positioned table was waiting. We had a glass of house champagne whilst perusing the menu and I opted for the crab cakes with mango chutney for a starter which although I thought tasty a bit fishy was enjoyable. My partner had a couple of oysters which he enjoyed. There was also a basket of flat bread on the table which was different and delicious. For my main course I opted for the lemon sole on the specials board and my partner after being told the steak had run out went for the battered cod. My lemon sole was beautiful, it arrived with sautéed potatoes and a small salad. We then decided to share the cheese board which came straight from the fridge so sadly they all tasted the same and with a pile of boring Jacobs cream crackers. We mentioned this to the staff who took on board our comments and deducted it from our bill. A shame because I love a good over ripe Brie . The restaurant was full and all in all apart from the cheese course a most enjoyable experience and I would certainly return.

Surrey
“Consistently great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We eat here regularly and always have freshly cooked and well presented meals. Great welcome, friendly whilst efficient service. As a fish restaurant it it it top class but the meat and non-fish dishes area also extremely high standard eg steak is perfect every time!
Highly recommend this restaurant

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Epsom UK
“A birthday treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Our first visit at lunchtime today. Lovely old building, with the kitchen squarely in the middle, pleasant clean quality décor, friendly efficient service. Lobster bisque and prawn cocktails were excellent starters. Skate wings were a special today, massive and delicious. The baked cod was perfect, firm and chunky. How we managed the orange and ginger sponge with Cointreau custard I don't know, but it was superb. The granary bread was very special, fresh and very light, and a double helping was most graciously proffered. High quality food and service at a sensible price. And not so very busy. Why? A wonderful birthday treat.

• Visited April 2014