“HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sommerville Court

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lucknow
Sommerville Court
You added Sommerville Court to your Saves list
Huron Rd. #1, Box 69, | 287 Ross Street, Lucknow, Ontario NOG 2HO, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Lucknow B&B and Inns
Listowel, Canada
“HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sommerville Court July 2012. We were displeased with so many things....
1) the toliet in our room did not flush
2) the shower in our room only had cold water and a very small stream of it
3) all the soaps in our room were from different hotels and half full or empty
4) the bed was so old and uncomfortable
5) the room smelled really bad
6) we were told breakfast would be fruit and yogurt
7) the room was very dated
8) there is no air conditioning

This room cost $150..... We would have been more comfortable sleeping in our car

Room Tip: There is no air conditioning so if you are staying there in the summer you are much better off in a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nadine C, Manager at Sommerville Court, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
sorry your stay here did not meet with your expectations. If you had only mentioned your concerns, you could have been relocated to another room, rather than the Nixon/McLeod apartment. Unfortunately, you did not join the other guests for our breakfast cuisine. I am sure you would have certainly enjoyed the experience. Our beautiful home was built in 1880, hence the "dated" decor. We are constantly upgrading & expanding, so that we will be able to continue to cater to our many repeat guests & also all of the new ones we have yet to meet.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

I stayed one night at this Bed & Breakfast which is located right at the Lucknow town sign on Ross Street. I had a big queen sized bed with a 3 piece bathroom (shower)attached. The room was well appointed with a small Hi Definition TV I did not use. The Innkeeper Brenda offered me a choice of rooms as i believe there are 12 rooms in the Inn. It was very quiet. I went to see a matinee and an evening performance at the nearby Blyth Festival Theatre and therefore was allowed to drop off my bag before the matinee and then come back after midnight. (The Blyth Festival theatre was first rate. - I go to plays quire frequently in Niagara On The Lake and Toronto.) The next morning I had a spectacular breakfast of yogurt with berries, apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon, large muffin with peach perserves, cinnamon toast, 2 eggs, potatoes, endless coffee, orange juice, bacon and a few other things that I have forgotten. I booked through Expedia (you can book direct with theInn) with 2 weeks notice looking for a place in Goderich or Kincardine and only this or the Benmiller Inn came up. I stayed at the Benmiller years ago and thought it was expensive and not well maintained so I did not want to stay there. I felt I was very lucky to stay here at the Sommerville Court as it was a great stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Sommerville Court? Share your experiences!