We went to the treacle mine for my wife's birthday with some friends, we had some starters which were ok and we're the normal items for this price range.
30 minutes into waiting for our mains we were told that there was no haddock fish cakes tonight which for a large resturant who serves these meals every day is not acceptable plus it took time to tell us, another main was ordered. Mains came a long another 20 minutes later which was a little long for our liking.
The mains were a mixed bunch here are our ratings
1. Cod bake was good but looked as if it had been waiting to come out for a while, cod a little over cooked but sauce good.
2. Chicken breast wrapped in bacon this was good as well.
3. Sausage and mash ok but mash tasted synthetic.
4. 2 x New steak pie with mash it look big but on opening it had very little filling for its size, if it had come out in a small dish it would have made it look better value. Meat was good in the pie but gravey was a little to sweet does any one still use salt!, mash was the same as above.
5. Burger and chips, burger was good but the chips were the very small type and were over cooked and tasted reheated.
We did complain about the chips as these were the worst thing about the meal, and we did get some money off.
This meal was from a new menu (not as good as the old menu) and at around 7.30 in the evening service was a little slow and seeing that the main meals are now between £8 to £10 pounds on average they have got to up their game as there are a lot of other restaurants about who do the same and can be better in their quality (The Farm Friday street).
So at £4.99 menu's in the day time it's ok and good value but at night with these prices and menu the quality has got to be better.
If you own or manage Treacle Mine, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.