We spent one night in the Windsor room which was a lovely quirky room with the wardrobe area in one turret, and the bathroom in another.
Our host, Karen, was very welcoming and attentive throughout. Dinner was delicious, with everything freshly made (including bread rolls and home-made ice-cream) followed by coffee and chocolates spent in front of the log fire.
The rooms were lovely and warm, very clean and appeared to have been recently decorated.
A full English breakfast with plenty of coffee, tea and orange juice helped us on our way, but not before a pleasant walk around the grounds following the river and mini-waterfalls.
This is not your average hotel, and we would definitely recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Bath Lodge Castle Hotel
- Bath Lodge Castle Hotel Norton St Philip
- Bath Lodge Castle Norton St Philip
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quintessentially English Grade II castle complete with 8 bedroom suites is just 6 miles from the historic City of Bath. Completed in 1806, Bath Lodge Castle is a wonderful rural retreat for a wide range of purposes. Refurbished at the end of 2010 to a stunning standard, the Castle is packed full of charm and character, and friends, families and colleagues alike will be astounded by its comfort. The four acres of grounds including the Pavilion, containing a hot tub, sauna and bucket shower, as well as outdoor bar and river surround this stunning property and together provide a perfect base from which to explore and enjoy South West England. Call 0,1225-7==-23043 for bookings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bath Lodge Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.