“Beautiful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Beautiful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Spent a good 4 nights in this hotel. What can I say? Simply amazing! Elegant, quiet, peaceful and beautiful hotel!!! The staff was very attentive, and most of them speak relatively good english too! They have an awesome outdoor jacuzzi with heated water ; I will head there without fail every evening! A truly fantastic experience.....wish I could have stayed there longer!
On a side-note, the breakfast is really good! Though it can get kinda boring if you decide to stay long as their menu does not change much.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I went to Okinawa for 3 nights/4 days with my family for a short break and we chose the Ritz based on past experience with the chain and I think we were all a little bit disappointed with Ritz Okinawa.

Room design - a bit awkward and it doesn't flow very well (we had 3 rooms and all had the same design)

Noise - you can hear everything that's going on next door (upstairs and downstairs), especially if they have terrace door open. For 2 days straight, we heard one family's conversation + their choice of weird music, and had to endure their endless mahjong playing at night.

Cleanliness - we came back one night from dinner with a cockroach in our bathroom. As mentioned previously, the design of the room is very odd so the bathroom is the first thing you see when you open the door. We called housekeeping immediately - no one answered. called concierge - they didn't understand English. called front desk - who managed to sent someone up to get rid of it for us. We've traveled quite a bit and have stayed at hotels ranging from no star hostels on the foot of Kilimanjaro to 5 star resorts - this is the first time we've seen a cockroach our room.....

The staff are all polite and helpful - as you would expect that of the Ritz. But the property is not on the beach and the outdoor pool wasn't open when the temperature reached into the 70s in end Jan/early Feb. All things considered, I don't think this property was worth the money we spent..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

While Okinawa is likely not a go-to destination for many American travelers, we were there to visit our son stationed there in the US Marine Corps. The hotel is about an hour north of the airport in Naha so it is more out in the seaside atmosphere of Okinawa, and less in any urban area. The city of Nago is nearby, and there are other little towns to explore. But the hotel itself has marvelous facilities with a beautiful indoor and outdoor pool (open only during the season--definitely not January!) as well as a full-service spa. The two restaurants in the hotel are very good, although expensive. The breakfast buffet was terrific, with both American and Japanese breakfasts available. The room was modern and comfortable, with all the amenities one would expect from a Ritz-Carlton. And the service from everyone in the hotel was superb!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Frankfurt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

First of all, if you fly in to Naha Airport, and want to take a taxi to the Ritz-Carlton Okinawa, a don't speak japanese, make sure that you have the address printed out, or a screenshot at hand, because the taxi drivers I have met don't speak english at all and it was really a challenge explaining to them were you want to go. Then point out that you want to take the Expressway which is at least twice as fast as the route along the coast which our taxi driver took.

The Ritz-Carlton Okinawa itself delivers exactely what you expect from a Ritz-Carlton, same service levels, same attention to details, same consistency, same everthing like everyelse in the world all with a japanese touch, which makes this place so special. The distinctive architecture and decor fits perfectly the surroundings.

will definitively return, and hope I will have better wheater then, so I can enjoy the beautiful pool area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My personal preference is to stay at independent luxury boutique hotels as sometimes I found luxury brand hotels provide "too consistent" products that I do not feel the cultural difference that I want to experience in my travel. Have to say my recent stay at The RItz Carlton Okinawa exceeds my expectation. We just got a deluxe room (base room type) and request high floor. At check-in, we were told high floor was not available but then later they found out our stay was to celebrate my husband's birthday so they made some changes and put us up on the fifth floor. Our room has a nice view facing golf course and overseeing the ocean. Thank you for the nice gesture. We had tried both the all-day dining and fine-dining restaurant and even the afternoon tea at the lounge restaurant and all served amazing food, nice décor and great services. I would like to specifically express my sincere thanks to Ms. Chisato Yamashiro, the lady at the Concierge desk to help to double check my appointments, provide activities, dining suggestions every day for the 5 days we spent there. I felt the celebration plan I had for my husband would not been this smooth without her help. And to be honest, the service aspect at this hotel is really the reason why I will recommend this highly especially to non-Japanese speaking travelers. All their staff are professional and addressed us by name, great standard achieved. Okay two minor things to point out. Please take note if you are renting a car and using the GPS, entering the phone number of this hotel will get you to some unknown place about 30 minutes from the hotel. We were explained that because the hotel is new and the phone number is not "register" in the current car GPS system. They then provide the KISE Country Club phone number for us to input and it is just right across the hotel and we can use the GPS to get back to hotel without problem after this. So, my suggestion to hotel is, please do communicate this to all guests who book with you to avoid what we went through. We booked through the travel agency so maybe this is why we did not get informed. And second thing is, yes, we booked through the travel agency (as they arrange our flights as well) but we paid the same price for the hotels stay (as I checked out the website before I booked). I am not aware that travel agency booking will not entitled me to get RItz Carlton Rewards points. So, as I am paying the same money, I felt a bit unfair and wondered why they penalized on travel agency booking. Anyway, this does not affect my overall stay experience at this hotel and I will be happy to come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: Request high floor, great view!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I must say the resort is one of the best hotel I have been to. The hotel room was well designed and maintained. It has a comfortable soaking tub, with spacious balcony, bath amenities are something you would expect if you stay in the suite, but was all prepared in the regular room. Staff is extremely professional and pleasant, and they are very customer oriented. Whether it is a reception staff or restaurant server, or restaurant chef, I can feel that they are proud of what they do and enjoy being a part of great experiences of the guests. We have been to almost every restaurants in the resort and all of them were absolutely amazing in terms of service and quality of foods. Servers and Chefs were very knowledgeable of their dishes, so we not only enjoyed the foods but also small talk that we made with them. We went to an island on one of the day (Which their Concierge staff has arranged everything for us), and we were greeted by door staff with small cooler box and even a beach towels to go, which I found so personal and caring. It has a great positive vibe throughout the property and it is without any doubt, due to the hotel staff who are always smiling and courteous. I recommend the hotel to anyone who wants to experience true 5 star services. Thank you very much for making our stay so memorable and enjoyable!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We loved this hotel so much! The service was excellent and impeccable. The staff paid incredible attention to detail. Honestly the best Ritz I have been too. The water throughout and around the hotel gave the place a feeling of serenity and purity. We met quite a bit of Europeans and North Americans (unlike Tokyo Ritz which can be quite intimidating). The atmosphere was luxurious and relaxing. I can't wait to get back! The rooms were quite extraordinary but you need to make sure to close the blinds before taking a bath...We saw someone nude stepping out of their tub. The hotel is about 50 mins away from the closest large airport (Naha). The flight to Okinawa from Tokyo was about 2 and a half hours. The restaurants served scrumptious food and the breakfast buffet was outstanding. I would recommend this paradise to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Okinawa? Share your experiences!