“Great fishing great host in ian heaps” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 11 things to do in Narberth
England
5 attraction reviews
“Great fishing great host in ian heaps”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

You dont often get the chance to sit and talk to a world fishing champion about all things fishing, but here you do. Great fishery, good b&b what you see is what you get. Been 8 times before and will be back again.

Visited September 2013

Whelpley Hill, United Kingdom
“best holiday ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

After recently losing my wife to MND I decided on a break. I chose Holgan Farm B/B + fishing the best choice I could have made. Scott, Ian`s son,looked after me with a wopping great breakfast every morning set me up proper for the day. As for the fishing fantastic. I have never had a 100lb weight before but I achieved this on the tench lake and two days later followed it up with an 80lb weight. that made my holiday but the best was yet to come. On my last day I decided to fish the match lake and have a nice easy day that went by the board I had 9 carp in the first 40 mins. and went on to land over 200lb of fish finishing the last cast the last fish with a15lb carp. To say I didn`t stop smiling for the rest of the day would been an understatement. Brilliant host brilliant fishing brilliant holiday. Thanks Ian thanks Scott Your fishery is a great credit to your hard work and commitment George Gilbey Whelpley Hill

Visited June 2013
Pontypridd
11 attraction reviews
“Superb fishing in a superb setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My friends and I have been travelling to this fishery for many years sinve shortly after it first opened. Ian Heaps and his family have worked extremely hard and continue to do so to improve what has been an exceptional venue for coarse anglers. I have fished all three lakes and have had brilliant catches of quality fish from all three. My friends and I have always had help,advice and most importantly respect form Ian and his family. A must for all anglers that visit the area.

Visited May 2013
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Holgan Farm - Ian Heaps”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been fishing Holgan Farm since it opened and have visited more than one hundred times. I have found Ian Heaps, and his son, to be polite, helpful, clear and extremely professional, safeguarding their wonderful facility that has been created by hard work and gutsy commitment to provide everything that anglers desire. The carp are superb, and there is plenty of them, the bankside is immaculate and the array of beautiful bushes and trees is exceptional. Ian is a man of great principle, and he protects and safeguards his fishery from unacceptable practices. Bait and tackle are available at good prices and Ian's mastery in fishing, where he demonstrates clearly and professionally, is second to none. I continue to fish there and have taken many, many of my friends, all of whom have enjoyed, not only the fishing, but Ian's amazing skill and niceness. Best fishery I know by far. If you are polite and respectful, you will get that back in return. Graeme Whiting (Headmaster)

Visited July 2012
Derby, United Kingdom
“Poor Customer service / attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

First of all - i would like to say what a wonderful, scenic place Holgan farm is - Ive been going to Holgan Farm fishery since the year it opened (year 2000ish) - Last year we actually stopped in the Bed and Breakfast on the farm itself and enjoyed 3 days fishing, although the customer service we received from a young man was not great. This year (after putting last years experience down to a one off occasion) i returned with my two sons, and unfortunately i found that the customer service has deteriorated to the point where i felt uncomfortable and was constantly put in a position where i was being pushed to purchase tackle, baits and more tackle and more bait from the fishery. Not only that the fishery now operates on a cash only basis,(which is not advertised anywhere) - so after being left with a hefty bill , i was told that i had to drive to Narbeth to the nearest cash machine. Due to the attitude of the young man who i dealt with, neither i or my sons will be visiting the fishery again - which is unfortunate, because like i stated earlier the farms itself is a wonderful scenic place, which offers great sport.

Visited July 2012