“Excellent Meal” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 65 Restaurants in Billericay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mediterranean, English
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: An excellent product starts with the careful selection of the finest fresh ingredients. We source local produce whenever possible, our meats are reared at Essex farms and our fish is delivered fresh daily with much of our fruit and vegetables grown at home in the kitchen garden.
essex
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I went last Thursday for one of my friend's birthdays - all girls. We all went for the mid-week specials menu £23.99 for three courses, excluding drinks and bread and dip. The food was really good and everybody said that they really enjoyed what they had chosen to eat. The service was excellent not too pushy but attentive.

The only one thing that none of us liked was that when time is getting on and people have finished their meals and leave, for some reason the staff leave a backdoor open which lets in the cold air. Fine in the summer not when it is chilly outside and you are sitting finishing your drinks and feeling too cold. I feel that perhaps they would like us to get up and leave too! Maybe this could be addressed other than that, the restaurant is superb.

• Visited October 2013

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Quality restaurant, lots of staff, a very good experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We celebrated a family birthday here. We had a lovely evening. The food was excellent, all five of us enjoyed everything from start to finish. I was going to give an excellent rating but the prices are quite high so you would expect this to be a top establishment. The staff were very attentive, and there was plenty of them! I like the fact that you are not sitting too close to the next table. The wine list is very good, as you would expect. I was a little surprised that you get charged for bread, I would expect this to be offered as standard. The homemade ice cream is delicious. A bonus is that there is not two sittings on a Saturday night, we had out table from 8pm for the rest of the evening. The two sitting policy at some restaurants really is a pain!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Perfect place to get engaged!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My partner took me here last Saturday (5th October) to celebrate my birthday. We were early. The waitresses were all very attentive, asking if we wanted drinks whilst we were waiting to be seated. They then brought us food menus whilst we were having our drinks in the seated area by the bar. Once we'd decided and closed our menus, they took our orders then showed us to a table. This meant as soon as we'd finished our bread and dip at the table, our starters were brought over. The whole way through the meal, the staff were very attentive and service was spot-on. Little did I know, my now-fiancé had phoned and pre-arranged a proposal which meant he had to slyly hand them the ring without me seeing, then it being brought out on my dessert (delicious chocolate terrine) and "Will you Marry Me?" in chocolate sauce on the plate! I knew nothing about this but my fiancé wants me to say how happy he was, they were discreet, accommodating and very helpful for him. It was an unforgettable evening for all the right reasons! A special mention for the beef fillet... The best piece of red meat I have ever had the pleasure to eat, EVER! Again, a huge thanks to all the staff including the artistic chef who prepared my proposal plate. Based on this first visit here, highly recommend it!

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic birthday meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We recently went to The Magic Mushroom for a special birthday meal. I was naturally apprehensive because there were a large number in our party, which can make things difficult, but our experience was really good. The food and the staff were excellent, and helped make this a special night. We would definitely return as this place is perfect for a great family meal or special occasion.
Those worried that the restaurant is within 5 miles of Basildon needn't be alarmed as our cars were still in the car park after the meal, and the wheels were still on them.

• Visited September 2013
Aveley, United Kingdom
“A really nice place for a meal for two”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I visited the resteraunt with my wife at short notice because I was going away for a couple of days and we wanted a nice meal together. We'd heard so much about The Magic Mushroom that we thought we'd give it a try.

The food was lovely and varied to satisfy both mine and my wife's varied needs. I won't go in to details over what we ordered, but the service was very friendly with a smile and the food and drinks were all brought out to us in a timely fashion.

I will say I was a little let down by the desert that I ordered but that's not to say it wasn't nice, I think I was just expecting more (my wife's cheese board looked lovely.)

All in all a great little place to eat with a nice bit of ambience and quite an intimate feel to it. I would go back and happily eat there again.

• Visited August 2013