“Clean, comfortable, quiet hotel, Great hosts and staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Eskdale Lodge Hotel
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   35 Harboro Road, Sale M33 5AN, England   |
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Sale
Walpole, Massachusetts
“Clean, comfortable, quiet hotel, Great hosts and staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I had found this hotel on Tripadvisor prior to our trip and used the previous reviews as a means of assessing its cleanliness, amenities and overall rating. Therefore, hopefully my review below will help other people choose Eskdale Lodge as a place to stay if they're in the Manchester area.

This is a very comfortable, clean and quiet hotel/guest house/B&B, located on a reasonably quiet side street, yet close enough to the main road. Our room was a small double room with a small en-suite bathroom (with shower). Nothing fancy, but this is all we need when we travel. The room had a TV, coffee maker, etc., and the hosts provided us with a hair dryer. There is a bar and dining room downstairs, with TVs in each. Our room was immediately above the bar, but you couldn't hear any noise from it in the room. Breakfasts were very good. The hosts and staff were exceptionally helpful, friendly and accomodating, and provided a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. We ended up staying for 4 nights, which says it all really.

I would like to thank Garvan, Grazyna and the rest of the staff for a very pleasant stay and would definitely stay there again. I highly recommend this hotel as a comfortable and relatively inexpensive place to stay.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
EskdaleLodge, Owner at Eskdale Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind review. I do hope the rest of your trip was as relaxing as you had wished for, and that you had a good journey home.
We all look forward to meeting you again in the future.

All the very best,

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Petersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

Chose it off the Internet. All rooms en-suite. Lovely and clean. Nice and warm ( it was very cold outside)! Friendly staff. Breakfast both days was excellent even managing to cook 2 perfect soft boiled eggs

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
EskdaleLodge, Owner at Eskdale Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2010
Thank you for your very kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I was a little apprehensive at first as I usually stay in the "proper hotels" but decided to stay at a B&B this time for something different and had a fantastic stay. The hosts were lovely and very obliging, the rooms were fine and the food was delicious!! Felt like I was at home. Definitely would recommend.

As I mentioned, the only thing which might be useful is a instruction sheet on using the shower.....figured it out but I had never seen one before!! :)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
EskdaleLodge, Owner at Eskdale Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind review, Wahey, we're your first 5 star rating! I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again.
I told Garvan about the instructions on the electric showers and now a sign sits pride of place next to every shower door.
Many thanks again.
Grazyna
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

We chose to stay here on a trip to see Manchester United play. In comparison to the overpriced hotels near the ground, I'm confident this was a better bet. The decor in this hotel is a little outdated and the shower dribbled rather than gushed, but at such a reasonable price and with such nice staff I'd happily stay there again. Also, the food was fantastic!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
EskdaleLodge, Owner at Eskdale Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2010
Thank you for your kind review.
In regards to your points :-
I have my fingers crossed that you stayed in Room 5 for two reasons. All our rooms except room 5 have been redecorated in the past 3 years. That room is planned to get done before Christmas. That said, I do not believe it is is desperate need to be done.
The main reason is that I noticed that the shower was not running correctly, so is now fixed and gushing nicely!
Please feel free to contact me if this was not your room because I do like to keep on top of any maintenance that may need doing. The forth bridge springs to mind!
I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed as a party of 5 in 3 rooms, all the rooms were comfortable, spacious and had good facilities. Staff were welcoming and flexible to our needs. Rooms had widescreen TVs in them. Room was quiet and dark at night. We enjoyed the food, we had a evening meal when we got there late in the evening, and really enjoyed it. Breakfast was very good also.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
EskdaleLodge, Owner at Eskdale Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2010
Hi Tristan,
Thank you for your very kind review. I am glad to hear that your two night stay with us was a pleasant one and look forward to perhaps seeing you again soon. Fingers crossed your retail therapy trip to the Trafford Centre on the Sunday was a successful one!
Grazyna
Weymouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

Had a choice between staying at the Eskdale Lodge or the nearby Premier Inn. We wanted somewhere that was child friendly, as we travelling with our 2yr old daughter and it was the first time that we had stayed in a hotel with her. I would just like to say that the moment we walked into the hotel we immediately felt at ease and really liked the character that the hotel had to offer. I imagine that the premier Inn would have been comfortable in its own way but The Eskdale Lodge is really nice and olde worlde. Thanks to Grazyna & Garvan for making our 4 night stay a comfortable one. Our room was great an had plenty of room for all three of us and even a Large Wide Screen TV on the wall. The food was excellent, varied and reasonable and we ate in the hotel on most of the nights. This was mainly because there was also a dedicated menu for children as well. Anything that we asked for was provided straight away without any problem at all. Finally I would like to leave a special thankyou to the two ladies who were left in charge of breakfast on the saturday that we left. They were really nice to our little girl. Everybody was really helpful though. We originally picked the Eskdale because it was only half a mile from where my sister lived. We found, however, it is also a great location for many of the Manchester attractions wtih excellent public transport links. Thanks again.Craig,Felicity & Sophie Oakes

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
EskdaleLodge, Owner at Eskdale Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2010
Hi Craig and Felicity,
Thank you for your very kind review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, it was really nice to meet you and I hope to see you again soon.
I will pass on your compliments to Renata and Barbara who did your breakfast on the Saturday - both of whom had to tell me how beautiful Sophie is.
hong kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

very friendly and nice staff, nice restaurant and bar, delicious and cheap food, fantastic and clean rooms, beautiful backyard garden, quiet environment, good location (near metrolink)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
MrMadJackMcMad, Owner at Eskdale Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2010
Hi Wing, Thank you for your very kind comments, they are very much appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you managed to get back home okay once the volcanic ash had cleared!
All the best
Garvan

Been to Eskdale Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!