“noisey, disgusting! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Amblehurst Hotel to your Saves list
Amblehurst Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   44 Washway Road, Sale M33 7QZ, England   |
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Sale
“noisey, disgusting! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I came down with my mum and dad for the weekend. receptionists were awful, looked like they'd been sucking on lemons, soooo unhelpful! the room was terrible!!! I was on a 'pull out bed' which resulted to be a z bed! Which was broken and took the matress part off and slept on the floor, how this is an acceptable standered to give a paying guest is beyond me!!! there was no duvert just a cover which has obviously just been reused! So I ended up with the sheet and my jacket! The room was for 3 people but only had two mugs?! Dont even get me started on bathroom and shower! Yuck! Probably the worst part was the noise of the other residents! No respect. Both nights we were kept up by drunken football fans, kicking doors, shouting at each other. At 8am we heard a woman shout 'i swear on my daughters life if you dont let me back in im going to f@#king kill you' I felt like I was in jeremey kyles studio! The hotel should have a policy in place for noise! There was a stickers on the front door saying 'it only takes one punch to kill' why on earth would you have that displayed!!! We certianly werent brave enough to try and of the food after seeing the cleanilness of everywhere else! And £10 for breakfast, get a grip! Avoid at all costs, worst place weve ever stayed!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Timbuktu, Mali
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here this week as part of a corporate booking. 2 nights booked, we only stayed the one!! DO NOT STAY HERE. SERIOUSLY. We drove past it twice as it is set back behind some other premises on a noisy busy road. We arrived to be greated by quite a friendly receptionist and were booked in. My room was on the 2nd floor. No lifts, but hey ho I am fully capable. I walked the distance along sticky carpets and got to my room. Overlooked the 'landscaped gardens'!! This is an untruth. In fact I think the whole hotel is a box of lies. Ignore their website. They must use brochure photos from somewhere else. The 3 towels in the bedroom were threadbare. The floor towel was more like a thirst pocket. The hand towel was thin, and the main towel was like a large normal towel, but torn in half! My colleague joked he had the other half. Terrible. THREE AA STARS? No chance. Anyway. Into bed, literally. INTO the bed. All of the springs had gone on my mattress. And the bed bugs were mad at being disturbed and showed me so by nibbling me all over! Up in the morning. Fine. One more night of misery. Breakfast opened at 0705. Order taken and delivered at 0720. A bacon sandwich. I ordered first! Went to take a bite and the crust disintergrated. On further inspection MOULDY!! I dropped my breakfast and left. The rest of my party stayed for breakfast, and the aftermath of me leaving found they had been served MORE mouldy bread and a rotten egg. Gross. Chef was too busy having a fag outside to come and sort it out ... we all cancelled the next nights stay and will obviously never stay there again. Reception staff in the morning were far from considerate. AVOID, EVEN IF YOUR STAY IS FREE!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in serious need of a refurb. The beds have poor quality matresses & bedding. The towels are threadbare but this seems to match the hotel carpets. The breakfast was terrible, service was dreadful, the staff couldn't be bothered to check the food they were serving & served toast with mould on it!!!! I wouldn't recommend anyone staying here under any circumstances

• Stayed September 2012
Derby, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night following a wedding reception. The room was bare, the decor was less than minimal. The television did not work. However, when i went to take a shower i ran the shower for 20 mins and there was no hot water, i phoned reception 4 times with no answer. I then got dressed and went to reception to find a chap sitting there seemingly ignoring the phone, i complained that i had no hot water, he went to find someone else who had 'gone out for a fag' and he told me that Room 105 was furthest from the boiler and the hot water took a while to get there. Unimpressed by this i ran the shower for a further 30mins, still no hot water, I had a cold shower. Breakfast too followed the same story - cold. At check out i was told there was no duty manager present and the recpetionist took £5 off my room rate and told me to phone and speak to the manager on monday morning as there was nothing else she could do. She seemed thoroughly uniterested. I shall phone the manager tomorrow morning but i hold little hope that i will be refunded. Horrendous.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I wish I had looked at other reviews before accepting a corporate booking for this hotel. Arrived Sunday, taciturn receptionist, no food. No help with luggage despite being disabled. Breakfast supposed to be at 7.00, Didn't open the breakfast room until 7.10. No milk on table. No sugar, No salt and pepper. Breakfast poorly prepared and cooked. Threadbare carpets etc.... everything run down........ Need I go on? And when I checked out, the bill wasn't right - they had not included bar meals and drinks. I suppose some might regard that as a saving grace!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel, as I was on business. My first impressions were, dated, in dire disrepair. Alex Polizia(Hotel inspector) would have a field day.

Check in..... Disappointing, unhelpful discourteous receptionist. The room, dirty stained carpets, mouldy bath/shower. Dreadful overpowering smell of room fragrance, probably due to damp.

Food, don't even go there! If you have the unpleasant misfortune to stay st this place, there is plenty of places to eat. The breakfast was appalling and £9. For full english!
Book into a premier inn. Trip advisor is true, and accurate.
If you read these reviews and think..... Well you can't please everyone, think again.

I have travelled the world, stayed in small independent B&Bs as well as large chain hotels, customer service was the worst ever, fake smiles and pulling faces behind customers back was distressing.

• Stayed August 2012
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

We booked into this hotel because of where it is. It was extremely quiet so they closed the restaurant. The room was dated but clean. We asked for a cot for the baby which was broken.

The breakfast was good and they did sterilise the baby bottles.

The staff were ok but the hotel is awful and the best thing to do would be pull it down and rebuild. Without Manchester united visitors it would not survive

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Amblehurst Hotel? Share your experiences!