“Refuel” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Refuel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Use this place as a Pit stop on the trans pennine trial ,Never had anything to complain about, the club sandwich and fresh orange drink always go down well before the cycle ride back to Lymm,Go on try it..

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

41% Recommend
Stockport, UK
“NOT BAD - BUT NOT BRILLIANT.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Visited here today on a spur of the moment thing as the pub that we wanted to use for lunch hadn't opened for business yet. I did a Google search of pubs nearby and Jackson's Boat came up so we all said "yeah - let's give it a go"!!!

I am 41 years old now and on my previous visit to this pub my parents were late 30's and I was left outside in the car on the car park with my friend in our Vauxhall Viva with a bottle of coke and a packet of crisps whilst my parents and their friends drank inside. So, we are going back over 30 years lol. This is why I was intrigued to see it again.

The pub itself is a pretty run down affair out in the sticks. It's tatty and not very comfortable. I suppose I am a bit of a townie really and like plush surroundings of the chain pubs with nice furniture and clean carpets and warmth. I also like the staff to wear uniforms and look like they actually work there.

We walked in and found some menus as they aren't actually on the tables. I was hesitant to stay but by the time I had read the menu, my friends had actually found a table and sat down.

We ordered the food and it was okay. Pretty much normal pub grub, but it was well cooked and we all enjoyed it. Mike had a burger and my dad and myself both had the gammon. Portion sizes were good and all in all it went down well. We also had desserts which again were pretty much run of the mill. We all ordered the ice cream cake which was just something from a supermarket freezer cabinet.

As I mentioned before, the pub is really tatty, stuck in the 1970's and has no heating so it was very cold. Saying that though, this pub seems to be a jaunt for people that like to go walking with their dogs in hiking boots on a Sunday, so if that's who you are then you will like it.

Will I return? Well that's a difficult one because I have recently taken up cycling and it is on a good cycle route from my house and in the summer I think it could be a lovely place for a stop off, but maybe just for a drink and ice cream.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Good food, expensive drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I paid over £7 for 2 J20's and 2 diet cokes which I thought was rather expensive. The food menu is extensive and caters for all tastes. I ordered 3 meals at just over £14 which was good value. The food arrived promptly and was very hot and tasty. I can recommend the cheeseburger and the fish and chips. The kids meal was plenty for my 9 year old. The children loved the outside play area, it kept them amused for hours.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Rip off bar prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Ridiculous bar prices, eg £3.60 for becks . That's ok if it's s special place but its not , largely worn out, tatty and unclean in places , std glasses only, with not very pleasant loos, broken drier (unacceptable when serving food). It is handy for walkers which I guess must be their target client rather than locals , hence the daft prices I assume. It's just does not deliver to the prices they charge . Food prices however are more reasonable, average prices for average food .

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Expensive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Popped in today for a cold drink mid bike ride...we were charged £5.80 for two pints of coke which were mainly ice. Not impressed.

Visited August 2013