“Fab Place I'll Be Back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 85 Restaurants in Sale
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Fat Loaf restaurant in Sale is an absolute find and a local favourite. The brainchild of chefs Paul Taylor and Tim Wood who trained under Michelin-starred Marco Pierre White at the Lowry, The Fat Loaf is a brilliant bistro. The open kitchen lets you watch them work. Sourcing is taken seriously – local wherever possible, excellent at all times. The menu is modern European prepared with imagination and flair. It’s perfectly set in a storefront restaurant with slate floors, white chairs, neutrally coloured walls and an array of art photography on display. Formerly a bring-your-own-wine place, The Fat Loaf now offers a short, thoughtful, international wines list at prices so reasonable you’ll have to blink
Redhill, United Kingdom
“Fab Place I'll Be Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Came up from London to visit family and we went here last night. The food was scrumptious I personally had the macaroni starter and followed by the fillet steak with black pudding and potato. Just writing this is making my mouth water just as it did last night. The rest of my family had the spicy sweet corn soup - which I tried bit spicy but so scrummy, and the crab cakes and all delicious, their main choices were the sea bass and the duck every plate was perfect. The staff were more than helpful Tim was very attentive and made us feel very welcome. My uncle had a fabulous bottle of bitter which he has been telling everyone about and for me I had the Chateau Loupiac dessert wine shot and now I have to find a bottle it was lovely. I made a slight mistake on the payment and Tim tracked us down through our booking and has rectified this showing honesty which is an attribute that can be lacking nowadays. Thank you Tim and please thank all your staff they do you proud. Next time I visit I know that I'll be back no hesitation !

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Fabulous early diner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

11 of us enjoyed a wonderful 2 course meal beautifully cooked for only £11.50 on the early diner menu for my grans 83rd birthday, even though it was a Saturday evening we didn't feel rushed to vacate for the premium eaters slot either. I would definitely recommend to everyone.

Visited January 2014
Wilmington, DE, USA
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have eaten at the Fat Loaf a number of times with good friends who live close by. The menu is always varied and makes use of local produce. The food is exceptionally good and good value. Wine selection is limited but well chosen.

“Worth a Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at the Fat Loaf a number of times over the last few years both at lunch time and evening meals, and I have never encountered a poor meal.

This time I have eaten with friends and again had a lovely meal!

The style of the Resturant is modern and clean with open kitchens and yes it can be noisy but for us this is the sound of a busy Resturant - not a mean feat in this climate.

We were seated straight away and the drinks taken as we chose our food. There are some lovely bottles of wines ranging in price and there's a three or so by the glass wines - all decent and would suit most wine drinkers.

The menu does change which is good, and there's a choice of six or so starters and then 12 or so mains including steaks. Good choice of meat and fish, plus a couple of ransoms like duck or venison.

The portion sizes are generous and we skipped a starter for mains and very tasty deserts. Service was at a nice pace and we never felt rushed or if we were waiting.

The staff were friendly, accommodating and general kept out the way, appearing when you needed them.

Overall a great dining experience with fresh local produce cooked well and with a twist. We all enjoyed the meal and will look forward to returning. We paid approx £27 per head including 2 courses & shared starter of bread & olives. Lovely!

Visited October 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Where we go for treats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've been to the Fat Loaf several times, both at lunchtime and in the evening. It's the place my friends, family and I choose for special occasions and we have never been let down by the quality of this welcoming restaurant. We live in Ashton village, Sale, so this restaurant is on our doorstep and we're glad it is! The food is consistently excellent and the service always friendly and efficient. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable, yet a visit to the Fat Loaf still feels like a real treat. The chefs use many fresh local ingredients with skill and imagination, adding new dishes regularly; the portions are generous and the prices fair for what's on offer. Whether you choose delicious home-made soup, succulent sea bass, tender steak or a scrumptious pudding the Fat Loaf will not disappoint.

• Visited August 2013