“Amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in sale for 5 years and have only just been to jitrada! It's the best Thai food and one of the best meals I've ever had!! I read a review saying the food was microwaved, I think you need your pallets testing because there is nothing bad to say about the food here! Fresh, spicy, tasty, well presented and yummy!!! We had the banquet for two and took home a doggy bag because there was so much! The staff were very attentive and the restaurant is beautiful inside. Can't wait for my next visit!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing food very good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have been visiting this restaurant for over 10 years. It's amazing. I have never eaten food with so much pleasure before. It's not the cheapest but if you want quality food with good friendly service then this is the place. The decor is lovely and ideal for a romantic meal. I have even ordered take always from here if I'm not in the mood for sitting in and it's just brilliant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sale, United Kingdom
“Very nice but think Chaophraya wins....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I had visited Jitrada a few years ago and loved it. I decided I wanted to go for a birthday meal with my family there on Easter Sunday.

The restaurant was fairly quiet as it was only 6.30pm and staff were attentive.

We decided on the platters for starters and chose 2 of the A platters and 2 Bs and a couple of bowls of Thai crackers. This was plenty for 6 people. Everything on the platters was delicious - my favourite being the sweet corn fritters which I would never order as a starter normally. This was a great way to try things you wouldn't usually order.

For mains I ordered chicken in the chilli paste and cashew nuts with coconut rice. Lovely soft chicken but the chilli paste didn't come through enough. My partner had the Chu chi duck which was delicious and in a Penang style curry sauce. My sister had chicken in Penang curry- also delicious.
My mum and my sisters partner had sweet red curry dishes- they had 2 chillies on the menu so you would expect a kick. As with the dish I had, the spice didn't come through enough. The seafood and chicken in the dishes was lovely through.
Lastly my dad had the pineapple fried rice ith chicken and prawns. Really nice.

I would definitively go back to Jitrada but I think I will stick to the Penang and Massaman curries next time as I know they are delicious!

Overall a lovely meal.

Cheadle Hulme, United Kingdom
“Poor, overpriced food next to animal cruelty - yuck”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Soggy and cheap food - if you've tasted real Thai food you'll know that this isn't it! Not to mention the fact that they have an overcrowded indoor pond with koi and goldfish who would have been cramped in twice the space. We had to move tables because it was upsetting.

Our starters were clearly microwave jobs and the mains were indistinguishable slush, with greasy rice. I understand that to please the masses they have to Westernise Thai food, but this really is poor - if it was a five quid buffet place I'd not mind but we paid about £70 for two. Left feeling miserable and ripped off.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The food is really good at Jitrada and the staff are wonderful. For me it needs to up its game though since the amazing Phantong opened in Altrincham. The thing that lets Jitrada down is a couple of simple things which sound daft but you don't appriciate it until you are there... The ceiling: its like polistyrene office panels... I feel like I am at the office; and the toilets which are like the rugby club changing rooms. It makes the ambience not up to scratch and now that the phantong has arrived if I fancy Thai, thats where I go even though Jit is closer...

• Visited January 2013