“Lovely hotel, met my high standards!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain

You added Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain to your Saves list
Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 Gord Canning Drive, Blue Mountains, Ontario L9Y 0V9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
“Lovely hotel, met my high standards!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2006

We (my husband, myself and our 2 children - aged 11 and 7) stayed 3 nights at the Westin Trillium House at the end of August. I have very high standards and I must say this hotel met most of them. The hotel is expensive (cheaper if you book online - 20% discount) but well worth it. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment with a queen size sofa bed. The only problem we had was the when we arrived, we found that there was no bedding for the sofa bed, we stopped at reception on the way out and they apologised and asked us what time we would like the bed made up - when we returned to our room later that evening the bed was ready. I normally have problems sleeping in hotels because they are so noisy but this one was so peaceful - no bumping, banging or kids screaming from other rooms.

The room was decorated and equipped to a high standard. It was nice to have a seperate shower and bath. A nice little touch was the pull out clothes line over the bath - great for hanging wet swim wear on.

Talking of swim wear, the hotel pool and spa were lovely. The pool was very large and there are lots of beds, tables and chairs around the pool. We also went to the Aquatic center next door, which was fun for the children but I much preferred the hotel pool and it was warmer!

We have been to Blue Mountain several times, we love the 'village way of life' and yes the restaurants are a bit expensive but we always had good food. The children love the Firehall and I would highly recommend the Hollywood Bollywood pizza - yummy!

We will definately be going back to stay at the Westin sometime over the winter.

• Liked — Beautifully decorated and equiped
  • Disliked — Nothing, it was great hotel
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

Very good, clean and new. Pricey, but expected and justified. The staff was friendly, although scarce. The village is nice, expensive, but nice to browse. The restaurants are all over priced and average food, typical tourist trap. The attached waterpark is great for the kids, but you must pay extra to get in. Overall it was an enjoyable stay.

• Liked — Cleanliness and spaciousness of room
  • Disliked — No free internet access
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2006

Our stay at this hotel lasted one (1) evening as a thunderstorm passed and knocked the power out for about 20 seconds, just enough time to blow the air conditioning unit in our room. From what I have read, this seems to be an ongoing problem. Staff was unable to do anything except smile and say "sooorry."

• Liked — Front lobby restaurant had great blueberry pancakes
  • Disliked — NO AC!
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away from this hotel during thundestorms, windstorms or snowstorms. The power will go out!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto On
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2006

I read all 13 reviews before arriving at the Westin property with my husband and 3 kids for a mini back to school break. This was our first experience with the Westin chain, and it was generally positive, but there are a few BUTS.
The hotel was gorgeous and the whole lobby smelled like the fresh lillies in the hallway. Our one bedroom seemed a bit tight for our family of 5, so we upgraded to a one bedroom with loft, that can sleep 6. What we loved: the starbucks coffee, and nice teas, the tiny but fully equipped kitchenette, having a balcony, the 3 tv's (no more tv fights), the decent bath ( I don't know why they insist on calling it a "Heavenly Bath", it's still just a bath, but has a separate shower. and nice decor) We had to call down to get our bathrobes, which were absent. They also appear to be having a hardware issue as all the bathroom locks are either defective or broken and don't lock. (overhead the same complaint from other guest) Same went for our in room safe, which appeared defective. The pool and gym are great, the restaurant I'm sure is nice, but not very kid friendly. The only other major annoyance is that the famed Westin kids club was pretty non existant. Front desk told us it is apparently at "selected Westin hotels" , funny they never mentioned that when I booked. The housekeeping staff are trained to greet you every time you pass them in the hall, which is frequent.
Incidentially, I was very suspicious of the Jan 7/2006 review. What guest uses capitals to identify by trade name the "Heavenly Bed" and mention that it is a Westin "signature feature". You don't fool me buddy, save the website for real guests that have real comments.

• Liked — the pool/hot tub
  • Disliked — the things that didn't work, or were forgotten in our room
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask about the "kids club" and what it really means.
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Merritt Island, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2006

I stayed at this location July 31 - Aug. 3, 2006.

I have stayed here on 2 other occasions. The 2 times were in May on 2 separate occasions. I wrote 1 review for May 27 which was great and did not write a review for the 2nd stay in May as I did not experience a pleasant stay. I completed one of those surveys upon check out and no one got back to me as my complaint was that the AC was not working for over 4 hours. We were not compensated nor were we provided with any bottled water.

I thought that I would give them another chance.

Well during this stay, I was less than impressed and will not be coming back to this Starwood property again.

Understandably there were more children at this location during the summer holidays. So don't expect to come here to get any peace and quiet during this time, especially if you are a business traveler.

Second night - house cleaning forgot my bath mat. No big deal, asked for one at the front desk when I came down for dinner.

Third night - house cleaning only made the bed (with no effort looking like they just straightened the covers and that was that). Washroom was not cleaned nor straightened up in any manner. Very disappointing. In addition, we received a big thunderstorm and to my dismay, the AC went off again just like in May. I called down to the front desk and the girl who answered told me that the maintenance man was going from room to room to reset the AC and that it would take a while. I had to wake up the next morning at 5am and it was already 9pm. So luckily for me, I remembered how they reset the AC (in May) and just reset the breakers in the room myself.

The reason why I won't be coming back to this location is that for the type of hotel this is (Westin chain), I expect SERVICE. The room not being properly cleaned is no excuse. It's like they didn't even bother to look in the bathroom. In addition, should they not have learned from the first AC failure in May to have some kind of Emergency recovery plan in place? I just find it to be bad SERVICE when you put your customers through this twice and there is no acknowledgement of the inconvenience that they have gone through, especially when I completed a survey the first time to express my unhappiness.

• Disliked — House keeping was inadequate
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't come here if you want service
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Broxburn, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2006

We stayed at Trillium Houe for 5 nights as part of a 2 week stay in Ontario. We loved everything about the place including a very comprehensive concierge service, friendly and helpful desk staff, a clean room with excellent facilities (even though it was only a basic room we had a dining table, cutlery, crockery, microwave and fridge) and the newly built Blue Mountain village which our daughter was thrilled to bits with. This is definitely a family resort but those who have moaned about too many kids and too much noise need to lighten up! There is a boating pond, indoor leisure pool, outdoor swimming pool, numerous restaurants, bars and coffee places and lots of lovely (but quite expensive) shops. We arranged hum-v driving and skydiving through the activity centre nearby and this was great but beware the hardsell to try and get you to buy a holiday home (this was not affiliated to Westin by the way). We would definitely return here - and I hope we do, would certainly recommend to others with young children or even those young at heart.....

• Liked — The village
  • Disliked — Is very new and the resort is still being built
  • Tips/Secrets — Go to the scenic caves
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2006

I went to this hotel with my significant other, expecting a relaxing, romantic weekend getaway. When we booked the reservation, the reservationist told us that the hotel was not a family destination. What a lie! There were kids running around everywhere, screaming and acting like spoiled brats. (Some of the reviews below provide detailed examples.) Perhaps kids are worse in Canada than the US, but I think the parents who brought their kids to the hotel simply had no interest in making them behave. Staying at this hotel was a total mistake. Unless you're looking for a smaller, Canadian version of Disneyland, I recommend you find a different hotel. I just wish the hotel staff had been honest with us and admitted that this is a kid hotel.

On the other hand, the rooms were clean and comfy.

• Stayed June 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain? Share your experiences!