Just stayed this past weekend with 2 friends, and I must say I was impressed! We had booked this hotel because we were coming to play one of the golf courses, Monterra, and wanted to stay the night. We booked a 2 bedroom suite - it was huge, around 1000 sqft! It had a full kitchen, glasses, dishes, etc, dishwasher and full fridge and stove. The living room was open and had a full queen pull-out sofa, 3 chairs and the dining room table for 6, plus a 40inch TV. The windows in this room were part of the "turret" of the building, so it had around 6 windows - very nice! One bedroom had a queen bed with a patio walk-out (we were ground floor) with a table and chairs, TV and had a cheater ensuite door to the main bathroom. That bathroom had a sink, toilet and full sized shower - and plenty of towels! The master, which was on the opposite side of the queen, had a king bed, TV and private ensuite - full sinks, shower and tub, all finished very well. We didn't notice any damage/non-repaired items in the room, overall, the room was in excellent shape.
The outdoor pool and hottubs are fully heated (84c and 110c!), and were situated on one end of the hotel. Walking thru the lobby to get to the pool was the only way to get there, we did get a few looks, but what are we supposed to do? Both were clean and hot, as advertised! Two staff were always present, picking up towels and placing them under the canopy, so they didn't get wet (it was raining), and always smiling or saying hello. The big advantage to staying at the Westin was it's location to the Village, a 2 minute walk. In winter, for the skiers, a 50 yard walk to one of the lifts from the front door of the hotel. We had a couple of drinks at the bar, reasonably priced considering, and took advantage of breakfast in the morning - a full buffet, with some interesting twists to your everyday breakfast items (try the baked French toast!). Again, for the location, price was not unreasonable.
The atmosphere at the Westin and Blue Mountain overall was one of peacefulness and a laid-back atmosphere (Whistler, BC??). The Village lights up at night, pubs, restaurants and clubs - good for anyone and everyone staying on-site. Would I stay here again? You bet, it's #1 on Tripadvisor for a reason!
- Also Known As:
- Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain Hotel Blue Mountains
- Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain Hotel
- Westin Collingwood
- Westin Trillium Hotel Blue Mountain
- Collingwood Westin
- Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain Blue Mountains, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain, just two hours northwest of Toronto is nestled between the shores of Georgian Bay and the heights of the Niagara Escarpment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.