We really enjoyed this place. We rented and are not members.
The staff were all quite good. Very clean units, the grounds were well tended and the pools were clean.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit with our 19 month old son. There were quite a few other toddlers there as well. If you are a parent you'll know that it's sometimes the simplest things that can make for a great vacation. As corny as this might sound, in this case the "small" thing was the fact that this location has a large sand pit complete with oodles of toys for toddlers. Our son just loved it. There were lots of other kids playing, just enough to make it interesting. Hard to really do this justice, but I think it really made our wee fella's trip.
There is a family pool which is great. It may not be a huge pool but it is sufficient to take a dip with your kids and splash around. Again, a big hit with our son.
We're pretty active people, so the 7 minute walk to the village was fine. In fact we liked the separation from the village, it was just enough to keep things serene while the vibe of the village is just a stroll away.
Another interesting tidbit if you have older children - they have outdoor movies in the village square in the evening. We look forward to taking advantage of this as our son gets a bit older. The movies are family oriented and they actually provide muskoka chairs by the 100's for anyone that wants to watch. And it's free!!!
A quick word on the village itself. As a former Vancouverite, the Village there was reminiscent of Whistler. Not suprising as Intrawest built both of them but of course is 1/4 the size. Just the same, it is quite nice, shops, good restaurants, quanit pond in the middle.
The breakfast in the morning is quite nice as well - and is free. We took advantage every day. Lots of healthy items and so nicely presented. This is deifintely not a "few muffins and coffee." I think you'll be impressed given that it's not a restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cottage-like Vacation Homes at the foot of Blue MountainClub Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. The Vacation Homes at Club Intrawest – Blue Mountain surround a private mill pond. A Boat House and Great Lodge provide a comfortable meeting place for social gatherings. Vacation Homes feature outdoor porches with hammocks, screen doors that ‘thwack’ when they shut, harvest kitchen tables, large soaker tubs and fireplaces. This is cottage life at its best. Club Intrawest – Blue Mountain is inspired by traditional Ontario cottage country. Early Canadian-style wood furnishings define interiors. Hand railings are created from old, refurbished canoe paddles. Colorful, distressed wood accents provide a sense of whimsy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Club Intrawest - Blue Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Blue Mountain Hotel Blue Mountains
- Club Intrawest Collingwood
- Club Intrawest - Blue Mountain Blue Mountains, Ontario