“Elopement/Honeymoon at Club Intrawest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Intrawest - Blue Mountain

You added Club Intrawest - Blue Mountain to your Saves list
Club Intrawest - Blue Mountain
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   276 Jozo Weider Blvd., Blue Mountains, Ontario L9Y 3Z2, Canada   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Elopement/Honeymoon at Club Intrawest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I have so much to say about our stay at CI Blue Mountain.

4 months ago I called to inquire about steps to take to elope on resort grounds on Canada Day. I was not charged a cent to have my ceremony anywhere I wished outside, but they warned me with the holiday I may not get the privacy I wanted. I booked a studio suite and hoped for the best for weather.

On June 30 I arrived and lo and behold, there were major thunderstorm warnings in effect for July 1. I requested a room with a resort/pool view since my backup plan was to have the ceremony on the deck (I offered to pay for an upgrade). They could not accommodate this probably due to the holiday and gave me a "mountain view" in the Lodge Suite. This was a partial view at best as 80% of our view was the parking lot and highway.

Thankfully, the weather turned beautiful and our ceremony was performed in front of only 2 guests beside the pond behind the resort. It was a wonderful day, the perfect setting and I couldn't be happier I chose this resort.

The Lodge Suite was fantastic and very large for a studio. The deck with Muskoka chairs and hammock was awesome! The tub can easily fit two adults. The bed is huge, but very soft - this was tough for us as we prefer very firm mattresses. Nice fireplace, very cozy, romantic, cottage feel. The kitchen was stocked full of everything we needed and our only complaint was that our fridge did not get cold until the second day and we brought milk + food, etc.

The resort had more amenities than I expected. The Boathouse had a projector screen and played the World Cup, lots of seating and a full library with arcade and Kids Clubhouse in the basement. There were both Family and Adults Only pools and hot tubs. BBQs are available on the grounds. Little details such as free herbs for guests to pick and ice cream sandwiches handed out free were really neat. The Breakfast Bar served each morning was probably the best continental breakfast we have ever had in any hotel.

The walk to Blue Mountain Village is just across the street about 5 minutes but there are no trails, so we had to choose between walking across a filthy construction side or on the side of a dangerous road to get there each day. We have visited several times before, so if this is your first visit be aware the Village is EXPENSIVE! We bring our own food and alcohol now and plan to have dinners out only. Still an enjoyable time in the Village.

Two lowlights of our trip:

The first was during a conversation at check-in on June 30 where there were two ladies at the desk. They had already known I was going to get married and seemed genuinely excited for me. I mentioned we had been together a long time and it was actually our 10th anniversary as well, to which the older lady replied, "It's about time he made an honest woman out of you." This was completely uncalled for and made me very uncomfortable.

The second was during breakfast on our first morning, we were followed to our table by the hostess who asked us our room number in a condescending tone. The other guests were not asked in this manner and it made me feel like she assumed we came in off the street and were stealing food. After breakfast, I sent my husband back downstairs to get a packet of cream cheese. She again questioned where he was coming from, seemingly not recognizing him from 30 minutes before and said it was for guests only. I understand you have to make sure we are guests, but she saw us come from upstairs and the lodge is locked from the outside. None of the guests that arrived after us were treated this way.

All in all those were only two small incidents that absolutely did not ruin a great stay at Club Intrawest, and I am very happy with how my elopement turned out!

Room Tip: The decks on first floor rooms open out to "street level", so if you want privacy choose t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We have been Club Intrawest Members for 7 years and have travelled North America with our kids to enjoy many Club Intrawest & Associate Club locations, and have loved every one of them...until this year. We have been to our 'home' CI location at Blue Mountain 5 times and this year we invited 3 additional families to experience the property to encourage them to consider becoming Members themselves. Sadly, it was an utter disappointment!! It wasn't the fact that we spent 2 years worth of points on a week in a 2 bedroom unit with hot-tub that ended up being situated in a parking lot overlooking the highway. - Nor was it the fact that the beautiful boathouse lounge/terrace overlooking the pond was closed due to very loud renovations with construction workers in and out of the same building that the kids' club is situated. - It wasn't even the fact that mice ran under our chairs by the pool or that CI sold some pond facing property for private home development (which will cause extensive construction on-site once lots are sold). - Our Big Disappointment is the fact that we were left feeling that the CI Blue Mountain Sr. Management Team just didn't care about us or our fellow guest Members at all. The 'situation' happened after we were told that the CI Vball court was no longer located on their property so they were not responsible for its upkeep and even though the posts were still in the ground, they no longer had a net to provide us (OK- that's fair). So, to accommodate our own guests and a few of the other Member families who still wanted to play, my husband and I spent hours raking the unkempt volleyball court (rakes supplied by CI groundskeepers and some CI employees even commended us on our efforts toward multi-Member family fun). We even went out that night and purchased a Volleyball net ourselves. When we went out in the morning to put up the new net, the net posts had been removed! Despite full knowledge of our efforts, the Sr. CI Management had ordered the posts to be removed overnight! Since the Vball court was not even on their property, we were shocked that they would go out of their way to remove them - it was just a mean thing to do! We were livid and demanded an immediate meeting with the CI Sr. Manager. When she finally 'called' us, she was defensive and condescending and refused to provide us with her Manager's contact information to formalize our complaint. In order to enjoy the rest of the week with our friends, we chose to ignore the issue until we got home, hoping to receive some type of communication to address our complaint. It's been a week and there has been no communication from any Club Intrawest Management at all. Needless to say, they lost Membership sales from at least 3 new families (not counting the potential recommendations from the other affected Member families). For anyone looking to book time at CI Blue Mountain- make sure the construction is finished and that there is new Management in place!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Booked a 3-night mini getaway for our anniversary & was great. Location is easy to find, clean & staff is very pleasant.

One word of caution: do not attend their "3 hour" sales pitch to invest in their timeshare - it's a ripoff and waste of $. Past that it's a great place.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed here for my birthday! it was nice, clean, warm, modern and is located in the perfect location - not too close or far from the mountains!
Breakfast - AMAZING! fresh and homemade foods and i HIGHLY recommend ordering from their in house menu and using the microwave in room. Food is made locally and the prices were very fair. Staff - INCREDIBLE! helpful and very considerate. ROOM - king bed! small kitchenette - with all the necessities. a bathtub made for 2! Fireplace and a cozy deck!
WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!

Room Tip: When you arrive request an upper floor room. if available they will gladly relocate you :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Nice modern accommodation. We stayed in a lodge suite and it was perfect for 2 of us.
Hot tub was nice and it was a bonus to have separate adult and family tubs.
Breakfast in lodge was basic but enough to get us going.
Regular shuttle service provided easy access to the village.
Very friendly staff!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Mississauga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We used our Hilton club HGVC points to stay at Blue Mountain. We stayed in a Studio and it is great. Big king bed in front of a gas fireplace and looking out the window at the ski hills. Great view. We also received discounted chair lift vouchers. Regular price is $72 voucher was $57. All day. The room has a large kitchen with sink, microwave, fridge, toaster, kettle, all dishes, even wine glasses. The hills are a short shuttle ride or you could walk. TV is a bit small in the room but they also have a DVD player and stereo. DVD are free to use. Room is spacious and bathroom is huge. Will come back again for romantic weekend or stay in a larger unit with family for skiing or golf.
I recommend HGVC member take advantage of their club point and go skiing at Blue Mountain.

• Stayed December 2013
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The area is amazing. Very beautiful. Did not go in the winter so was extremely quiet. I am sure in the winter when people are here to ski it is extremely busy. The village is vey nice but nothing to do. Very little shopping and what they have is very expensive! So many restaurants which is awesome. But again very expensive. Not a place for kids in my opinion. Also not a place for someone on a budget.

The pool is so small and not worth being built. The hot tubs in your room is bigger than the community one. The out door area (pool and such) was the only thing that was extremely bad!!

Staff is extremely friendly. Didn't use the spa but good prices. Free movie rentals is awesome.

I would come back but only in the winter.

Room Tip: Lots of construction and limited parking. Ask for a room that has sidewalks to it that are not damag...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Intrawest - Blue Mountain? Share your experiences!