“Great italian!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: True to the Italian markets that inspired Magnone's, guests are greeted by a celebration of fresh ingredients that capture the essence of the kitchens of Italy. Boasting an open market feel, the rustic eatery spans two levels, allowing guests to enjoy Italian dishes in a social setting. The menu focuses on Northern Italian classics made from the freshest homemade ingredients, paired with approachable wines and hand-selected cocktails. With a floor-to-ceiling glass facade, Magnone's showcases the activity, energy and allure of an authentic Italian kitchen. Situated where the Mill Pond meets Water Street in the Blue Mountain Village.
Toronto, Canada
“Great italian!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I've been to Magnone's several times now since we are year-round visitors to Blue Mountain. I have particularly enjoyed the lobster pasta, arugula salad and risotto balls. The staff have been great and the patio perfect for summer evenings in the village. Lovely wine selection as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Robert P, General Manager at Magnone's Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. So often customers who have a great experience are hesitant to leave their comments, which leads to only negative ones being displayed. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us from start to finish and look forward to having you back again soon.

orangeville
“Bad salad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My son and I walked in this restaurant and it was empty. That should have been the signal to go somewhere else. The other restaurants in the village were quite busy but it was down one of the side streets. Ordered a sandwich that came with a side salad. When it arrived the salad had many pieces that were no longer good. They were sticky and past there serving date. Tried to pick through it but I would not eat salad at home if it was going soggy. Waitress brought me a new salad and explained that the dressing used makes the salad look like that. No, it is lettuce that Is old and needs to be composted. It happens at home all the time. If it sits too long in the fridge some of the lettuce gets soggy and sticky . The second salad was a bit better but still had pieces that were old and soggy. They should have taken something off my bill or given the lunch to me for free. I should have forced the issue but I was enjoying a day at the village with my son. Possibly one of the worst salads I ever had put in front of me. Maybe that is why the place is empty. Spoke to an village employe and they told me that I should have been given a voucher for another visit in the future. That is what restaurants supposedly do in the village if you are not happy. Mad at myself for not raising a stink. Will never go back there again. Sorry. It should have been better.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us at Magnone's. We pride ourselves on serving only the freshest ingredients, but for some reason you did not receive this quality in your salad. Had management been notified of this instance we would have most certainly removed the salad from your bill. We apologize for this oversight. We have sent you a gift certificate in the mail to cover the cost of your salad; please contact me directly upon your next visit and I will ensure your time with us is memorable.
Calgary, Alberta
“Expensive tasteless food on nice patio”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We walked from our hotel to this restaurant. Service was okay however the food portions were small and the food was tasteless. Very expensive for what we ordered. basically something to eat. Would not return.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Robert P, General Manager at Magnone's Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Unfortunately you did not enjoy your time with us at Magnone's, and for that I apologize. However, I am unable to offer a response as you did not mention any problems to your server. Had management been notified we would have gladly replaced your dish for something more to your liking.

We are sorry that you won't be returning.

Welland, Ontario, Canada
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

A very nice menu and a wood fired pizza oven. Great wine selection. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice fresh pasta and a very good sauce. This place is pricey but it is right in the Blue Mountain Village. On a very quite Monday in July surprised there were no specials at all.

Visited July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We pride ourselves on serving the fresh ingredients to our customers with menu influences from Northern Italy. Our prices are comparable to every other restaurant at the resort, but we apologize you felt it a little pricy. We have also conducted an internal meeting with our chef regarding daily specials; we do have specials every weekend, though.

Hope to have you back again soon.

Sincerely
Toronto
“Check out the Calamari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Excellent all the way from the food to the service. Great meatballs, pasta and of course the calamari. The dip could use more zip. Ask for Erin - super friendly and efficient. Ready great choice in blue mountain!

Robert P, General Manager at Magnone's Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for enjoying a night out with us at Magnone's. Erin is one of our newer staff members, but certainly a valued asset to the team already. Thank you for your comments on the meatballs and pasta, and we've brought your concern about the aioli to chef, and it will be reviewed. Look forward to having you back again soon.