“It Was Nice To Have Sushi But..........” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kikaku Sushi Bar

Kikaku Sushi Bar
Blue Mountain Resort Village | 190 Jozo Weider Blvd,Blue Mountain ON., Blue Mountains, Ontario L9Y OV2, Canada
705-293-7373
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Japanese
Toronto, Ontario
“It Was Nice To Have Sushi But..........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We love Sushi. We went to Kikaku and we were surprised at how expensive it is. Really. Way over the top for what you get. We always expect to pay a little more in these places for inferior food but this was really ridiculous. Check the menu and prices before you sit down and look around. Not terribly clean either.

Visited June 2013

Barrie, Canada
“New chef?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Not my first time, actually I've been here many times with my family while visiting the village. Last time was a little disappointing though...apparently they have a new chef (or perhaps new management) and now the sushi doesn't quite taste the same and the service is worse than ever before :(

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Owen Sound, Canada
“Flies in Soy Sauce, Ignorant Manager!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Do not eat here! The manager is rude and ignorant, the soy sauce has fruit flies in it! I have never written a review on a restaurant before, but felt it necessary to warn people about this place! It doesn't even deserve 1 star!

A friend and I ate here for lunch and the manager was the one making the food for our table. The wrong items were brought to us (a separate salad and rice when a salad and roll were ordered). We started eating the avocado and seaweed salad that was brought out to us, then the manager said we wouldn't get the roll. We showed him the # we ordered from the menu and that it was worded 'Avocado Roll AND Seaweed salad' and that we still wanted the sushi roll. He then took the salad from us that we had already started eating (I sure hope he didn't re-use those ingredients although it seemed very likely). I felt bad for the server who was caught in the middle and clearly saw we were in the right, but the manager was giving him a hard time and telling him to tell us that basically we would get what was given to us - NOT what we ordered! I the spoke directly to the manager and showed him the menu and what it said we should get. The roll eventually came out with a little bit of seaweed salad on top, even though the menu clearly stated we were getting a roll AND salad (not a salad roll). The server seemed completely uncomfortable, this was not the servers mistake but the managers. On top of the mix up and awkward situation, once the roll did come out we noticed the soy sauce that we poured out had fruit FLIES all through out it. I picked at least 5 out on a napkin to show the manager myself, he didn't seem concerned or apologetic whatsoever. This was the worst dining experience I have ever had! I will never eat here again! Avoid at all costs!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wasaga Beach, Canada
“Diner with a Friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Sushi was fresh and excellent choice. Service was a little slow but there was only one person on the Chef. Well displayed and even gave us a couple of house specialties on the house. Atmosphere is good can be a little loud if full. Little pricy but well worth it for excellent Sushi.

Visited May 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A bit disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I found the sushi (fish and rice) to be dry. The rolls (california and dynamite) were dry as well. The sushi and rolls weren’t horrible but I’m used to fish that is moist and tender. The miso soup was good. The waiter forgot part of our order and had to be reminded. He got the bill wrong too and had to redo it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere