“Blue Mountain Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Mountain Inn

You added Blue Mountain Inn to your Saves list
Blue Mountain Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 Jozo Weider Blvd, Blue Mountains, Ontario L9Y 3Z2, Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
Barrie, Canada
“Blue Mountain Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We enjoyed our time at the Inn, our room was great, the breakfast was very good. We spent hours in the outdoor hot tubs, had a great time. The only downside was the water was not hot in the shower and we waited for quite a long time at the village for the shuttle which never came to pick us up.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Orangeville, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

My husband booked the "classic romance" package with The Blue Mountain Inn for our 2nd Anniversary. This was the first time we were leaving our son over night so it was a big deal for us and we came home disappointed. The Inn itself is dated but I read that there had been a big renovation so I went with an open mind. We arrived before 2pm so I wasn't sure our room would be ready but after a bit of confusion at the front desk we were told it was ready so that was a nice surprise. It was the last...
The room:
The room was dreary & smelled strongly of air freshener. Our window looked out onto the roof & was beside a hallway window so everyone could see in. Needless to say the cutains had to stay closed the whole time. The room decor itself is dull, dull, dull. We thought we would put on a movie & relax before our spa treatments but I refuse to pay $16.99 for a movie on a small non high definition television...really?! Who doesn't have high definition televisions these days? You couldn't even see the TV from one side of the bed. My husband took a nap & I went to walk around the Inn to get my bearings. Moslty what I saw was an old tired building in need of some serious TLC. The next morning after not sleeping much due to an uncomfortable bed I was looking forward to a long hot shower. The shower was warm at best and it took about 10 minutes to get up to that temperature. I am a mother of a busy toddler so a long hot shower is a luxury in itself. Needless to say I was pretty frustrated by then!
The package:
When I booked this package I specifically asked for accomodation that would allow us to live in robes, visit a spa & have a nice breakfast. There were no robes to be found anywhere. The Champagne that was included arrived with no glasses. I went to the front desk & asked that they send some up,and was assured they would take care of it right away. As of check out no glasses had ever materialized. Breakfast was a mediocre buffet. The pancakes & hash browns were cold. Honestly it was a wastes of time. We could have had a better breakfast at a drive through.
The Spa
The spa was very nice & the staff were accomodating. We did not book this trip until Wednesday night and the Spa fit us in for pedicures and a couples massage no problem. We had late evening appointments which suited us just fine. I was however expecting that they wold provide my husband & myself with robes as we were there for over 2 1/2 hours. It was busy so they had us wait in the hotel's lounge. I kept waiting for the direction to the change room for robes & slippers as has been my experience with every spa I have been to but it never came. I found a robe in my pedicure room so I changed but there was not one in my Husband's room so he spent his relaxing time is his jeans & sweater...not great. I think this was a over sight as it was very busy. I enjoyed my pedicure as did my husabnd and the couples massage was adequate. All in all the service was nice and we would visit the spa again. It was the only thing we did enjoy!

Over all I would NOT go to the Blue Mountain Inn again. Perhaps we should have stayed at The Westin instead? We picked this location due to the spa & the promise of a nice romantic visit. It was lack lustre and very disappointing. Save your money!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
paulpinchbeck, Director of Marketing at Blue Mountain Inn, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Dear Tonja U.
Thank you for taking the time to post some very valuable comments regarding your experience at the Blue Mountain Inn on Trip Advisor. We have carefully reviewed your comments and would like to provide clarity to some of the issues you have identified.

Renovations have been completed on the exterior of the Blue Mountain Inn. With respect to the rooms, we are very pleased to inform you that we are currently doing a complete renovation of the Inn rooms, including new carpet, wall unit, HD television, wireless internet, drapery, bed linens, lighting, bathrooms fully renovated as well, large shower stall, granite counter top. Needless to say a project such as this must be done over a span of time and during periods of low occupancy to avoid any disruption to our guests. We feel very confident that this new and improved look will be well received by Blue Mountain Inn guests in the very near future.

You are absolutely right, glasses should have been provided along with your Champagne, this was an oversight and will be addressed internally to ensure proper follow through in the future. Typically we hear positive reviews when it comes to meals in our Pottery restaurant therefore it is disappointing to hear we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, your comments will be discussed with the restaurant staff to avoid a repeat of this service.

We were pleased to note that you did enjoy your spa experience and yes, they do have robe services at the spa, sadly this must have been an oversight on their part. We will advise the spa owner of your experience and trust your feedback will serve as a reminder to staff in this regard.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback, we hope we have been able to offer assurance that comments such as yours are greatly appreciated and provide insight into areas we can improve and that action has been taken on our part to make changes that will provide positive guest experiences.

I would encourage you to contact me directly via phone or email to discuss your expereinces in more detail.

Best Regards,

Paul Pinchbeck
Director, Marketing
Blue Mountain Resort
705 445 0231 ext.6202
ppinchbeck@bluemountain.ca
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at the Blue Mountain Inn recently for a work event. The work event was great, and i'd highly recommend Blue Mountain to anyone looking to do a team building event. The hotel however was just ok. In my room the lamps beside the bed didn't work right, there was a burned out lamp in the bathroom and the carpet had multiple stains. Also the internet is not wireless. The bed was comfortable, and the staff were nice, so there are some positives.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

positives: outdoor hot tubs, indoor pool, sauna, recreation room with pool tables, fridge in rooms, great staff, they allowed me to check in a few hrs early, clean hotel and rooms. few ins walking distance from the village.. 10 mins driving to downtown collingwood.

the only thing I didn't like was that it did not have a breakfast option.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Pancake Hill, New Brunswick
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were attending a wedding. The lobby and hallways were dated. The rooms were fine. However, it is obviously a ski resort hotel that needs upgrading.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed hear after thinking that the snowboard season was done for 2011. But after hearing they were still open (end of March!), I was able to score Double Down passes for us (through a friend!). It was a two hour drive from home and an easy find. The Inn is very conveniently located right by the hills/lifts so when we need a break we would go back to the room and relax before heading out. There is a lounge area, pool and outdoor hottubs! The room was very affordable and it included breakfast at the Pottery restaurant.

Check in was fast and very friendly. The room was spacious, clean and comfy.

There was a shuttle that ran around the property, which we used a couple times to take into the Village. Although the walk to and from the village wasn't so bad. Lots of choices for food, from bar food to nice fancy dinners. Comparing the price to room located right in the village, it's worth saving the extra money and staying at the Inn.

Check out was fast and easy. Looking forward to staying there for future snowboarding season!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

The rooms were spacious but no mini fridge and the bathrooms are small and dated. The elevators had an odor to them and looked old and worn. Even with the recent renovations I'd say the hotel could still need some work. The restaurant "the pottery" however did have good food for reasonable prices. Next time we are going to stay back in the village.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Blue Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!