“Nice experience” 3 of 5 stars

705 443 8484
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The award-winning Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain offers the renowned Scandinavian Baths experience. Situated in a natural forest, minutes from downtown Collingwood & Blue Mountain Resort and open all year from 10am-9pm, guests enjoy the serenity of the environment. The Baths include a Finnish Sauna, Eucalyptus Steam Room, Thermal & Nordic Waterfalls, Hot Baths, Cold Plunges & relaxation areas. Also available are Registered Massage treatments, relaxing getaway packages & an on-site bistro serving healthy local fare.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage
Hamilton, Canada
59 attraction reviews
“Nice experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

While a nice and relaxing experience, it was also a very expensive one.
For the price they charge for the pools and hot tubs on their property, you'd at least think that the water is something special or that it is more than just regular municipal water that they chlorinate and warm/cool for public usage.
The lunch on the other hand was very delicious and very filling.
The souvenir steel water bottle was a nice touch too (paid for, of course).
The sauna and steam bath, along with the hammock, were my favorite.
We did not try the massages on this occasion.

Hanover, ON
“I wish I lived closer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

I have been to Le Scandinave a 1/2 dozen times and I think it is great. About an hour drive for me, but well worth it. You get a bottle of water with a massage, and are guarenteed into the baths. On some busy weekends I guess you cannot get in. You receive 2 towels when you arrive, and every time you have a massage, they offer you another towel afterward. The food is really good, smallish portions but fantasic soup, sanwhiches and tea. I have only ever experienced great customer service. Everything is explained to you on the phone when you book a massage. You have to pre-pay and can cancel with no charge up to 48 hours before your massage.

For the people that said they were 20 mins late for their massages: what do you expect! Of course they will charge you, it isn't their fault you were late!

I always feel great after a day at this spa, relaxed and calm! I have had great massage therapists, as well as not so good massages, it can be hit and miss. The facilities are fabulous, the steam room is my favorite! Going back on Saturday!

Vaughan, Canada
“Le Scandinave Spa- an okay experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

My husband and I visited the spa last week for our anniversary. I had heard good things about it from friends so we decided to give it a try. I called about 3 weeks in advance and booked a day package which included massages, lunch, and a water bottle. From the time of booking, I could tell the person on the phone was not very professional and didn't have a good understanding of their packages (maybe she was new?) which was no big deal really.
Upon arriving, we were told we had to pay upfront which is unsual for most spas that require payment upon leaving. The front desk costomer service was alright. The people were friendly enough but left it at that. The woman told us where the changerooms were and directed us (verbally) to where the massage waiting area was to which I was completely lost in her directions. In other spas, front desk personnel give their guests a proper tour of the facility. I was told we only get two towels and nothing more. When I inquired about robes, they said I could rent one for $12. This surprised me as I have never been asked to rent a robe at a spa before.
The massage was great. The therapist did a wonderful job getting at my problem areas. Very comparable to other good RMTs.
After the massage, I was surprised I was not offered any water. I had to go down the hallway to find a small water tank with paper cups. Now please note: this is the only place in the entire spa (other than drinking fountain) that you can get free water. I find this absolutely ridiculous. For the price you pay, the least you should be offered is complimentary fresh water! (with fruit/berries in it would be a spa ideal) So I would make my way back to the massage area throughout the day to get fresh water.
The lunch was a cafeteria style lunch. Not at all what one would expect at a spa. You simply showed your ticket, and had to choose from a few pre-prepared cold sandwiches. That's it. No service at all.
The baths/pools were excellent. Very relaxing and therapeutic. What I didn't understand however, is why they constantly had the fires burning on a day that was about 40 degrees. This did not make any sense at all. Instead, they should spend the money on hiring a few wait staff to offer cold water to their patrons.
Overall, I liked the baths and massage. I did not like the customer service (not professional enough for a spa), changerooms (too small and cramped), food (no where good enought for a spa) and lack of water and/or snacks.
Where you're paying over $300 for the day (for 2 ppl) the above listed deficiencies should never happen at a spa.
My advice: if you visit this spa, don't expect to be pampered, it's more of a self-service type of facility, if you really want a true spa experience, skip this spa and head on over to Ste. Anne's!

Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful, relaxing experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

My boyfriend and I went up to Collingwood for the weekend, specifically to visit Le Scandinave Spa. It had been highly recommended by one of my colleagues, and we were not disappointed! It is a wonderful, relaxing experience. The entire "circuit" is very enjoyable (even the cold plunge - which I was a little nervous about at first!), and the relaxation areas are great, especially the hammocks and the prime spots near the fire pits.

We went Saturday around 4:30pm, and didn't wait at all to get in. We stayed until about 8:30pm, and it is very nice at night (I prefer it at night versus the day, as it is nicely lit, a little quieter, etc.). Since we stayed for quite a while, we also had a light dinner at the spa cafe. We had vegetarian sandwiches which were actually very good, and lounged on comfy couches overlooking the spa while we ate. Overall, it was a great experience and I would go back again - probably in the winter next time (we went in April)!

Brampton
“wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

My husband & I spent the most wonderful day at this spa, it was a Christmas gift from my son..... good job son! You can do a repeat of that any time. The massage was one of the best ones I have experienced, the rest of the day was spent in the poos and saunas, lunch was spectacular. I WILL be back to this spa.