“Not a spa guy.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The award-winning Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain offers the renowned Scandinavian Baths experience. Situated in a natural forest, minutes from downtown Collingwood & Blue Mountain Resort and open all year from 10am-9pm, guests enjoy the serenity of the environment. The Baths include a Finnish Sauna, Eucalyptus Steam Room, Thermal & Nordic Waterfalls, Hot Baths, Cold Plunges & relaxation areas. Also available are Registered Massage treatments, relaxing getaway packages & an on-site bistro serving healthy local fare.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator
Brooklin, Canada
“Not a spa guy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I will start of by saying that I'm not a fan of massages and thought that a massage meant the spa. My ignorance is now gone and for any guys that don't think you would enjoy this experience; try it just once and my bet is you will be hooked. I went on a Friday night in December and arrived at about 6:15pm. To my pleasure there were very few people there and the it set a romantic tone to the start of my girlfriends birthday weekend. We both left feeling like jello and were so relaxed when we got back to the hotel room, room service was the only viable option.

To the people who wrote bad reviews about the non talking rule, this is a clearly posted rule and it was explained to us verbally before entering the spa. Maybe the Scandinave spa is not the right place for you if you can't keep quiet and relax and enjoy the atmosphere. There are many hotel hot tubs you can visit or restaurants were you can sit and gab for hours on end. So please do us all a favour and stay away from the spa.

Visited December 2012
ScandinaveBlue, Owner at Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you writing about your experience - we hope it helps more guys to take the plunge!

Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“A day at the spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

A truly pampering experience. A day of relaxing in the heart of nature. Staff all wonderful. Facilities well designed, managed and maintained. This was our first time and being midweek, we had no wait and our massage appointments were on time. It was amazing and we will return.

Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I attended the Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain for the first time on Nov. 24th, 2012 . I was in a group of 7 women. All of them except for me were natives of Jamaica and timid of the cold (lol). When we arrived we had to wait about 20 mins in line before being told that we had to go on a waiting list. Although we were anxious to get in, we were just as pleased to sit comfortably by the fireplace and look outside at the winter oasis that awaited us. The frontline staff were friendly and accommodating from beginning to end. They directed us to a nice comfy section on the main level to relax until it was time to change and go outside to the baths. There was a gentleman who gave us thorough instructions on what to expect during our outdoor experience. The change rooms were clean, we were assigned a locker to store our belongings and the shower facilities were well stocked and large enough to accommodate everybody. One of the highlights for me was the warm steam bath with the fountain and the eucalyptus steam room. That was the ultimate in relaxation for me. I will never forget this experience in my life and I plan to return again as soon as I can. I would highly recommend going to this spa, but because of it's excellent reputation, YOU MUST ARRIVE BEFORE IT OPENS TO GET IMMEDIATE ACCESS.

Visited November 2012
ScandinaveBlue, Owner at Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Spa. We look forward to seeing you back soon - the winter season is especially magical!
Waterloo, Canada
“Peaceful Paradise!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I went to Scandinavian Spa on Nov.29 for the afternoon, and we had an incredible time. This was our 5th yr. Anniversary, and our first time there. The staff were so friendly, helpful and very welcoming. The setting of the Scandinavian Spa is enough to instantly make you feel so relaxed. First of all the Spa is outside amongst the forest with a background of the breathtaking picturesque snowy fluffy Blue Mountains in view as you are relaxing in the hot baths outside. Silence and being very quiet is very important and I had to be told only once to be quiet. I tend to be chatty, but the Spa is not a place for talking but for relaxing which I think is very important since that's what a Spa represents--peace and quiet. No cell phones, halleluiah which I can't stand anyways since that's all you see nowadays with everybody in a frenzy to text or constantly chit chat on their phones. The whole atmosphere at the Scandinavian Spa is to just relax and forget about work, texting, talking on your cell phones, and just indulge and pamper yourself like crazy. This is something we ALL need to do for ourselves and it helps to re-energize our bodies and our souls. My husband, John and I have never been to anything like this Spa before and it was such a magical enchanting peaceful environment. We felt so relaxed and rejuvenated after, and we plan to go back there again. The decor of the inside of the building is beautiful and is tastefully decorated, and you can have lunch there as well. This is one Anniversary that my husband and I will never forget, and we will always have fond memories of. Thanks again Angie for a wonderful peaceful Zen-like experience at the Scandinavian Spa!!!

Cheryl and John Nevin
Waterloo, Ontario

Orangeville, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“oooooo....I was..putty in their hands...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

First time at this spa was Nov 27/12 for our !0th anniversary. We did not know what to expect - and we did not leave disappointed.
The environment is tranquil (no kids...no loud noises...whispers please)
Clean - even the outside baths were clean. It was amazing.
Everything you need is in the change room(take your bathing suit and flip flops) Hair dryers, qtips, cream, shower gel, shampoo.
We started with a 60 min couples massage to die for.....then started the hot/cold bath routine. We also tried out the 2 saunas....had a lovely bistro lunch....just fabulous. Would go again in a heartbeat. Serene....left there feeling more relaxed than I have in a very very long time. Make an appt - go for when they open and stay all day. Have a glass of wine before you leave the spa and then go for dinner ---make it a day! GO!

Visited November 2012
Thank you for making us part of your special anniversary celebration. Hope to see you again soon.