“wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 stars 45 Reviews
Australia
“wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I spent a week at Kurume for a friends wedding. The hotel was just wonderful, a western woman on her own and I did not see any other western's while there all Japanese and what a great experience. The staff were amazing only one of two spoke broken english but were so helpful. I got sick while there and one of the boys in the kitchen heard that I was not well and he took me to the chemist/pharmacy and did the translation for me. Just a wonderful time, the rooms there are a lot smaller than we are used to but the service was great, the room was very clean and the service at the hotel was better than I have had in a lot of big name hotels. Would recommend it to anyone.In the travel date I will put June 2012 but it was earlier than that.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

My first time staying in this hotel which is rather new, 1~2 yrs.... thought that a particular reception staff (Ms.村吉 - hope I got her name right! )went beyond her usual service to seek permission to allow us (4 pax) to have a room to put our luggages and to change after a night's flight before going into office. Had stayed in another nearby hotel a no.of times but they never did accede to a similar request!! The breakfast at 500円 is cheap by Japanese standard but I think I would rather pay a little more to have it at the train station nearby. Had to wait some time to get the grilled salmon :-( ! Also, what I cannot understand is the absence of WiFi in the hotel which is found in another countryside hotel in another part of Japan.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

I was fortunate enough to have a week in Japan and I stayed at the Kurume Hotel Espirt. The service was excellent and even though the room was small by western standards it was spotless and the room service everyday was terrific, clean sheets, new hair brush, toothbrush & toothpaste and a razor plus slippers and a robe. All this was provided for a very small rate compared to what we would pay in Australia. It was a single room but still had a queen size bed.

The hotel staff were also great, a couple did speak a little english but the language was not a problem. I would recommend this hotel to anyone it is modern and I do not think it is very old (maybe it has been refurbished) the only thing it did not have was an english speaking TV channel. I became a little ill while there and the staff were great one young gentleman took me to the local pharmacy and did the translating getting me some medicine to take. They all made my stay in Japan a wonderful holiday to remember.

• Liked — Staff and how clean everything was.
  • Disliked — No english speaking TV or Radio
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Kurume Hotel Esprit? Share your experiences!