“Nice and quiet place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Diquis Del Sur

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ojochal
Diquis Del Sur
Ojochal de Osa | Puntarenas, Ojochal 60501 - 8153, Costa Rica   |
Alajuela
“Nice and quiet place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This month I had to go to Costa Rican Pacific Coast for business and I decided to stay in Diquis de sur hotel. The owner Pierre Beaupré a Canadian guy welcome us. He is very friendly and showed us the beautiful things in the property, what to do and go by the way he is the guy that recommended us the Mamma e Pappa restaurant.
The place has a beautiful view to the mountains and part to the ocean, the rooms are clean and comfortable Mr. Beaupré told us he is making changins in the rooms to look better.
Something that really like it was in the room there was a basket with a nice welcome letter and some snacks, telling you ¨Welcome to our home¨ I felt that. It is a nice place where I will return soon with my family.

Room Tip: bring repellent for moquitoes, The hotel is half mille from the main road so is good to stop in a su...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in this beautiful, quiet hotel. Our room was a family type room with separate kitchen, queen bed and full bathroom on wonderfully beautiful grounds. Breakfast was yummy with fresh fruits and juices made from locally/daily (this means on the hotel's grounds!!) picked fruit. The hosts were amazing and helped book tours and guide us to quiet beaches and waterfalls. Supper is served also and is very good. A must if you want to discover the southern part of CR.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful, quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I recently spent a week at Diquis del Sur, which I discovered through writersretreat.com. It was important to me that this holiday be a balanced one, giving me time to get a lot of writing done and opportunities to enjoy Costa Rica, where I had never been before. I was looking for something modest, affordable, not a resort-like bubble that separated me from the country I was visiting. My experience surpassed my expectations. I found wonderful friends in Pierre and Renee; the grounds are beautiful, the staff thoughtful and helpful, the meals, which I was lucky to share with Pierre and Renee most nights, so enjoyable. Without going great distances, I had so many new experiences. I don't know if I have ever slept that well in my life. Merci, Pierre et Renee!

Room Tip: I like rustic and spare; my cabin was very simple, which I found conducive to writing and relaxing.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

What a great week at Disquis! Renee and Pierre have become during this week my second family, so my kids tell me again ........ I miss Pierre and Renee :). Every day we have a surprise lunch .. what started our day so well! And the service offered by these two wonderful people .... no matter the tour and we ask the reservation is made contacts ... they say aaahh! And the field ..... is a path with all the flavor of fruit trees and especially the howler monkeys that we mean!!
Finally, if you want tranquility and feel your family is the right place! .....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Renee and Pierre are just great hosts. The breakfast was something special everyday, and the dinner just wonderful. Also for selfcatering you find everything you want, although in general the cabinas are quite simple, but always clean and well maintained. The garden itself is just great, and invites to stay at the diquis.
Renee and Pierre did help us a lot in planning our activities and also our stay in costa rica. Thanks for the great time we had with you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Beautiful location with great hosts. Pierre and Renee did everything to make our stay enjoyable. Great food and conversation, location and ambiance at reasonable prices. Would highly recommend staying at Diquis to everyone.

Room Tip: Some rooms have air conditioning but it's really not necessary in February
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Orcas Island, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Pierre and Rene are such friendly people who do so much to make your stay comfortable. Great for French-speaking people. The owner drove me to the beach and picked me up. Tasty meals, comfortable hammock resting area, a pool. Pleasant atmosphere.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Diquis Del Sur? Share your experiences!