“Tasty food, poor choices on menu” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
scotland
“Tasty food, poor choices on menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend went for dinner. Service was good & reasonably quick, & food tasted nice. My only complaint is the lack of choice on menu, compared to other Beefeaters that I've been to. However, cant fault my meal, tasted lovely.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
England
“Very dissapointing 8 oz rump steak ...keep away.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Firstly this is solely my experience and I am being totally honest.
I ate here on two occasions whilst on business.
First time I had the chicken wrapped in bacon...it was ok but just ok the portion could have been a bit bigger in my view ....
On the second occasion I had an 8oz rump steak which is highly featured in their menu.
This was very disappointing ...it was tough and not as large as expected ...the general standard of the meal for 17.95 was unacceptable ....I complained to the restaurant and it was highlighted to the restaurant service manager who to be honest wasnt very pleasant his attitude was quite abrupt.
This restaurant is not very good in my view and I also found the service poor especially on the first occasion when we had to keep asking to be served.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow
“Tasty pub grub, great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We like the Dovecote and visit often a nice pint and well stocked bar gets any meal of to a good start, the menu is varied and has options for most moods and the staff are very friendly we were in a rush last time and mentioned to the girl and our food order came prompt (thanks), try the platter.

Visited March 2013
cumbernauld
“dovecote”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

poor service, average food, wont be back in a hurry. wrong meal served, long waiting time for food,just poor.

Visited April 2012
scotland
“bland tasting food with poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

mother's day meal was a day to remember for wrong reasons. Had to always ask for things - menus, drinks, starters, childrens meals, bill. Table not ready to begin with, waited an hour for starters, and although we asked for exceptions (ie no veg etc) when food arrived it was wrong. Main meal was very very very bland and tasteless and def not worth the wait. My husband asked for more gravy (as there was very little on plate) and when we got home and looked at receipt they had charged us 50p for it. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!! Children got grumpy due to waiting time poor things - we did take into account it was a busy day but the service was bad, no doubt about it. So in summary POOR SERVICE, BLAND FOOD, WONT BE BACK.

• Visited March 2013