“Expensive” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ben & Jerry's Torrimar

Ben & Jerry's Torrimar
Ave Ramirez De Arellano | at Tren Urbano Torrimar Station, Guaynabo 00966-0000, Puerto Rico
787-793-3659
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Houston, Texas
“Expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

The staff was not very friendly, the portions were EXTREMELY small, and the prices were high. Half the people in our small group were done eating their tiny ice creams by the time the others got theirs. Not worth the time or money.

Visited March 2014
benandjerryspr, Owner at Ben & Jerry's Torrimar, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Jaclyn G,
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your visit to Ben & Jerry's in Torrimar. We aim to please & the fact you found our staff "not very friendly" has been passed on to our team. I am not going to assume you are a tourist, but I will note, Torrimar is our "local" shop & most of our employees speak Spanish almost exclusively. I am hoping yours was a case of lost in translation... At any rate, I have reminded my team of our goals as a business & customer service is ALWAYS #1 on our list, followed very closely by the quality of our product.
You noted you found our servings small & prices high. Ben & Jerry's is not only a super premium ice cream, it is also a socially conscious product. When you buy Ben & Jerry's you are buying much more than just ice cream. You are supporting happy cows who give milk untreated with pain inducing growth hormones & chickens who can roam freely at the same time as producing the eggs used in our ice cream. All of our flavors are Fair Trade Certified, which means no children were used to produce our amazing product, & the communities supplying our ingredients can sustain themselves as well as thrive. Also, Ben & Jerry's 100% non GMO conversion is nearly complete! All of these things add cost to our product, but we believe it is worth it! Compared to the local competition, our prices are only slightly higher, while our product is of infinitely higher quality. Our value cannot be beat. However, if you ordered one scoop, you ordered a kids portion, which is our smallest scoop meant for children. I apologize if your cashier didn't inform you of this. We recommend our small, which is a 6oz portion, where you can choose 2 flavors.
April 8, 2014 is Free Cone Day world wide. Hope to see you there!
-Michelle

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Cool place to have a light lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This place is right near the urban train station and is a cool, hip place to have burgers and chicken sandwiches. The day we went we had chicken breast sandwich in pesto sauce, potato salad and a delicious sundae with chocolate coffee ice cream. My grandson had a mini pizza, just perfect for a boy his age. Can't wait till we go again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Awesome Place..!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The ice cream is amazing! so many flavors to choose from. The place is fantastic, the staff is very friendly and the hippie decor "love it" . Great place to go any time..!!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
puerto rico
“Slow service, expensive... tourist / rich trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

So I've been here literally twice, I live in Torrimar / Tintillo. The service was quite slow. The ice cream is very expensive. Guess what? The place is always packed. Location location location. I congratulate the owners, I'm sure they are laughing all the way to the bank. The fact is that as long as the place keeps doing great business, why would they offer more economical fare or speedier service. In capitalism, we vote with our dollars.

Guaynabitos keep spending money here, they will keep getting what they pay for.

For my part, I only took my kid here because maggie moos was closed, and now we just avoid sweets mostly (except once in a while at a restaurant etc).

You've been warned.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Fun atmosphere and a yummy meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went to the Torrimar store last week for my lunch break, and I had the Angus Burger and then a scoop of ice cream. Everything was great, the food was really good and the atmosphere was terrific. Id recommend this to my friends and family. The employees were very nice and the wait time for my food wasn't too much.

• Visited June 2013