“Nice place with great food!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 67 restaurants in Guaynabo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Authentic Italian family restaurant with menu of cold and hot entrances, salads, soups and creams, risottos, fresh pastas, meats, fish, pizzas, desserts and wine letter. The fresh pastas, artisan bread, fresh sauces and the desserts are prepare in the same restaurant. The children can prepare their own pizza in the table. Restaurante familiar auténtico Italiano con menú de entradas frías y calientes, ensaladas, sopas y cremas, risottos, pastas, pastas frescas, carnes, pescados, pizzas, postres y carta de vinos. Pastas frescas,pan artesanal,salsas frescas y postres preparados en el mismo restaurante. Los niños pueden preparar su propia pizza en la mesa.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Nice place with great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Appetizers and main course tasted really great. Extensive menu with a lot of options. Nice ambience and friendly service although a little bit slow, maybe because the restaurant was crowded.I love Italian food and this place has what I look for in an Italian restaurant. Definitely I will go back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

55% Recommend
San Juan PR
“good food, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I usually buy dinner discount coupons (groupon, gustazos.com)because I like to try new restaurants. If my experience is good, I always come back. A few months ago, they had an offer through gustazos.com and apparently they oversold it, because each time we called to make reservations they told us that it was all booked for the night and the only time avaliable was 9:00 pm. We finally got reservations for Sunday afternoon and it was not crowded at all. We ordered half portions of pasta and seafood risotto, and they served us the full portion. The food was delicious, but I am hesitant to go back due to the not too welcoming service.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
san juan, puerto rico
“Lunch Specials are not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Business lunches can be boring and rushed. Lunch at Alessandro's is neither! My associate had the salmon lunch special and I had the Pasta Carbonara lunch special!!! Portions are ample but not dinner size and SOOOOO good!!! A bit more money than a fast food lunch but DELICIOUS and well worth the few $$ more. Mario, our server, was amazing as usual!!
I'm sorry to read about the problems people had with the Gustazos coupon; I have one and want to use it for dinner in the next few weeks. I hope they will treat me the same as when I go with no coupon....the food is really good and i hate to hear that an authentic Italian restaurant (not over priced like the tourist traps in Isla Verde) are not treating customers well.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
puerto rico
“Great Authentic Food, Large Portions, Very Reasonable Prices, dodgy Service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

All things considered I would definitely go back. I was very pleasantly surprised by the combination of quality, quantity, and value!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Bad Costumer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I bought one of this coupons (similar to the groupons) and my in laws that are visiting from Europe got another. The instructions said that I had to make a reservation and that it was allowed to have only 1 coupon per table. So I understood it and respected it. I made the phone call to make the reservation, and the person who wrote my info was rude, as I never asked her or told her that we wanted to sit in one table together, but she told me over and over and in a bad manner. Then we made it to the restaurant, and we sat in 2 tables next to each other which was fine. And after I handed them the coupons, the manager comes over and said to us that he went to his list of coupons, and that only 1 from the 2 were on his list, so he could only serve food to 1 table but not to the other. I said, that I bought that, it was charged to my credit card and the receipt was my proof. That if I was able to print this just 1 hour before going there it meant everything was good. He said that the coupon company faxes them a list of all the coupons that are active, and that 1 of them was in the list but the other no. That it that it happened some time before, that a man came, had the same problem, the man left and then called the coupon office, then they send the restaurant the "ok" and that then the man went again, and he told me I should do the same. I told him well, I will try to get refounds because I am not coming back here again. In my personal opinion he was unreasonable. I think that if he is able to see the receipt and the charges, he knows I paid for this service, and nevertheless he could have provided what I pay for. He was a hostile and bad host.

• Visited April 2012