“������ SUPERB HOLIDAY ������” 5 of 5 stars

You added Onda Vicentina to your Saves list
Onda Vicentina
Vale da Telha, Aljezur 8670, Portugal   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Aljezur B&B and Inns
“������ SUPERB HOLIDAY ������”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Landing back to reality is quite hard after having spent one week here. It was like being reborn to a primitive state where the only thing that matters is your true happiness and need. Everyting was perfect, starting with the kind welcome of Mike and Flavia, the B&B immerse in a natural and protected reserve, the ocean life, the amazing waves and the fantastic food.
Onda Vicentina has a maximum of 11 guests which makes it very quiet and intimate yet very friendly and good time is always guaranteed as Mike and Flavia are great and always ready for enjoying their time with guests. The B&B is newly refurbished with very high specs although Mike and Flavia have been great in keeping it to minimal in order to preserve what the holiday is all about, you and your soul. Rooms are spacious and very cleaned with astonishingly conformable bed and pillows. Every room comes with bathroom which makes it perfect. I've been to Portugal for several years but here I discovered what Portugal is about and went back 3 more times since my first visit at Onda Vicentina. This B&B is Perfect for couples, friends or don't be afraid to come here on your own as I did my third time and about to do in a week time. Your good time is guaranteed in such amazing place. All you need with you is your passport and nothing else will be missed...trust me!!!
If you love surfing, the icing on the cake is named Mike as he is surf instructor. Surf board and wet suit is provided by the B&B which is great. If you don't know if you love it do as I did, give it a go and you will be addicted. I tried surfing at my first visit in September and now about to go back for surfing with Mike. He managed to make me stand on the board just after a couple of days...it was such a unique experience.
Perfect holiday length my vary based on weather and purpose...if just for surfing I believe weekends are fine although, if you are like me so you feel to explore around the all very different and beautiful beaches around then 1+ week is what you need.
I will never forget how amazingly well i feel when there and I can only highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed for 5 days at Onda Vicentina in October 2012 and the only thing I can say is, that it really was perfect. Nice rooms, big bathroom, very clean, super friendly hosts who really care about their guests. Breakfast was a dream and even the surf equipment we rented from them was perfect. Flavia & Michele, thanks for the good time at your place! I'm sure we'll see us soon again. Hugs from Vienna!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here in august 2012 for 3 nights and had a really lovely time. Location is great, you need a car ideally but is really short driving distance to some beautiful beaches which are great for surfing. The breakfasts are jut right. We ate there one night and the food was incredible and really good value. The owners definitley make this place a great success, they are really welcoming and can give great tips on things to do. Will definitely be returning!

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for six nights. We drove from Faro and it was really easy to find and when we arrived we were greeted with a warm welcome! Our room was spotless and colourful and the bathroom was really nice aswell and immaculate, we settled in very quickly and were made to feel very at home! Each morning we had a lovely breakfast on the terrace and enjoyed chatting to Michel and Flavia. A great location for surf enthusiasts and we drove to Lagos and Sagres and were advised of not-to-miss beaches. A highlight was the lovely Italian meals that we ate at the B&B twice, three courses of fresh and delicious Italian food! Cannot recommend Onda Vicentina highly enough, we had a fantastic week and met two lovely people in our holiday hosts. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2012
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Michele and Flavia are the kindest and most hospitable B&B operators that i have ever met and i really enjoyed spending time in their company. The rooms are lovely, the showers are powerful, their cooking and choice of wine is sensational and the location is magical between Arrifana and Mont Clerigo. I highly recommend staying here and although we didn't surf with Michele, his attitude to the sport and his attention to detail in the B&B convinces me that he would be an excellent tutor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place is like a little paradise – we didn't want to leave anymore. Every room has a separate entrance and its own colour scheme, we stayed in the lime green one called Monte Clerigo. The rooms are very new, clean and beautifully decorated and come with stylish private bathrooms. Surrounded by an adorable garden of rocks and green, you can also relax in a hammock or read a book in one of the deck chairs. The place is situated close to various beautiful beaches, such as Monte Clerigo, Arrifana (our favourite!) and Odeceixe.
Flavia & Michele, the owners of Onda Vicentina, are the friendliest and nicest hosts you can imagine. They gave us great tips where to go and made our stay very enjoyable. If you like to stay in for dinner, Michelle and Flavia also provide great and very affordable Italian menus, you can book flexibly during the day. We also took a one day surfing class with Michele which was a great experience. Paddle, paddle, paddle! We have learned a lot on just one day and seen the ocean from another perspective. Thank you, Michele & Flavia! We would definitely like to return!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

...such a lovely place and such a lovely couple who do everything to feel you good and homy. I've only stayed for 4 nights, but felt so comfortable and familiar. My room was big enough, clean and nice. Flavia and Michele are preparing delicious italian dinner and a nice breakfast. Every day they'll give you another tip where you can spend the day at the nicest beaches of the algarve. It's near to Arrifana & Clerigo beach and Aljezur, perfect to go by car to many nice spots of the algarve. Anyway it's a little bit difficut to find at your first arrival ;-) But don't hesitate to contact them, they will help you whereever they can...
Thanks a lot, I will come back!!! Katja

Ha soggiornato in Luglio 2012

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Onda Vicentina? Share your experiences!