“Basic layover needs are met” 4 of 5 stars

Radisson Hotel Narita
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   650-35 Nanae, Tomisato 286-0221, Chiba Prefecture   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orange County, CA
“Basic layover needs are met”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Rooms are dated but basic layover needs are met. Free shuttle from/to airport and mall and train station. Polite concierge and drivers. 25 minutes from Narita airport. Perfect for a quick transit stay.

There are 2 buildings: tower and annex. Stayed at the annex where you'll find Delta airlines crew members coming and going.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is my favorite hotel when I am in or transiting Narita. I am a very picky traveler, and this hotel exceeds my expectations!

Checkin: Front desk staff was Friendly, professional and outstanding! They were very polite. They offered a list of restaurants, and will shuttle you to some of them with their free bus. I recommend the short ride to Anon Mall area.

Room: Nicely furnished, generous size as compared to most Japanese rooms, decorated in modern euro type fixtures in wood tones. Bedding is recently updated and was comfortable. Desk/desk chair,. Plenty of pillows. Standard Raddisson hotel setup. Bathroom was nice, no mold on tub caulking, plenty of light and mirrors. All facilities functional no issues. AC blew quite and cold.

Not sure if they have the mini-fridge I didn't notice one.

Another poster mentioned no closet - that's true it is an built in armoire/cabinet, which is OK by me. Another poster mentioned about the power outlet. This was actually not a problem in my room - better than average. The desk had a dual outlet so access for laptop and cellphone simultaneously w/o crawling around on the floor or rearranging furniture. Didn't need a western adapter as it was built into the desk! Yay!

Lots of western /English channels on the new flat screen tv.

Smoking observation: I noticed that the hotel is a combination of smoking and nonsmoking rooms, so the hallway smelled as a result. My nonsmoking room in this hotel did not smell of smoke, however. I'm not sure if they have any entirely nonsmoking floors in this hotel since I didn't ask them.

Fitness center: I used it and it's small but nice, modern clean.

Outdoor pool: Didn't use it or see anyone using it.

General area: Very safe as most of Japan is. Not much to see or do in the surrounding area. One nice thing: there's a nice walking path around the hotel - didn't have time to check it out but it looked pleasant for a walk.

Breakfast: Hostess gets extra high marks. Very friendly, keeps the area clean, stocked and ready to go . The breakfast is to my liking. Extended continental with one or two warmed up hot items (scrambled egg patties, canadian bacon), varies by day. Breads, cereals, fresh fruit, juices, etc. Coffee and tea are always available in the lobby, as are bananas and apples - good to keep the traveler healthy.

Lobby has free with-fi service and the room also comes with free wi-fi. No public computer access that I saw. I use my own laptop, though, and wireless internet is free for hotel guests and works very well in the rooms and lobby areas - very important to me in my work.

Overall, it's a very good /excellent place for the price, averaging around $100/night before taxes during peak weekday times. And of course, this is a per-room price, which makes it more attractive for families.

My only criticism is the shuttle bus to and from the airport runs hourly so plan accordingly . When I checked out I missed the bus, I asked the door employees about a taxi,they seemed a little confused,they didn't know the price for a taxi to Naita. One doorman guessed 3000 yen. Finally after some back and forth they ordered a taxi that took 20 minutes to arrive, final cost from hotel to Narita 5000 yen...yikes! Like I said plan accordingly .

One side note: I received a computer generated survey from Raddisson in my email which I participated in, after I submitted the form I received an email from the GM of the hotel. At first I thought it was computer generated reply but as I read the email I realized that this property GM actually read my survey and comments I made! That being said this should give you an idea that this Raddisson takes customer service seriously .

From this picky traveler this place is a winner!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Everything was okay during our holiday in Tokyo. Nice and clean room plus value for money. They allowed us to checked-in early without extra charges, the shuttle bus from airport to hotel and to Kesei station was good and on time. We would definitely stay there again for future trip.

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business. This hotel is a 15 minute free shuttle ride from Narrita. Makes a great first stop after a long flight. The hotel is very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a sports bar and a restaurant. The breakfast buffet was surprisingly good, offering traditional Japanese breakfast but a wide variety of western style breakfast. I recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Stayed October 2013
Manchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in August for one night prior to a flight out of Narita Airport. This hotel is a bit farther from the airport than some of the other airport hotels. I really enjoyed my stay here. The hotel has good facilities and a nice yard around the property. The hotel has several options for getting something to eat or drink. The breakfast buffet in the morning is more extensive than most hotel restaurants in Japan offer. I thought both the breakfast as well as the hotel rate for one night was a very good value. The room itself was large by Tokyo standards.

Another thing I liked about the hotel was that they ran a shuttle bus not only to the airport but also to different attractions in the area for shopping or tourism. As some have noted, the hotel is a bit of a drive away from the airport. The shuttle is very reliable; so, I do not think the distance is much of a problem.

The hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool as well as a gym and tennis courts. While it all looks very inviting, they charge hotel guests about $10 to use these facilities. This seems like a strange practice. I would think that usage would be complimentary for hotel guests.

Room Tip: Check into a business class room. The added features are worth the additional charge.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Our check in was great although the hotel bus that picked us up from the airport was desperately in need of a replacement. Our hotel room was nice and clean and spacious with good wifi. It also had really comfy beds. It was really well priced although be warned your nightly room charge may not include access to the pools as we later found out which was rather disappointing. The main restaurant offers a good buffet. If you choose anything off the ala carte menu there is a long wait. The restaurant manager was very apologetic and gave us free drinks. This hotel offers free buses into the closest town and pick up which was great. It is the hotel where the crew from Delta Airlines stay so there are hundreds of flight crew there, there is even an American sports bar/cafe to cater for them which is open to everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view of pool and/or lovely gardens.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel is a little far from the airport, but within reason. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff were great after traveling 15 hours the made check very easy. I liked have a couple of english channels. Internet access in the room was great and i connected without any issues. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Radisson Hotel Narita? Share your experiences!