My sister and I (with Dali the dog of course!) stopped off at Appletons for one night on our way down to Spain last summer. The location was excellent to break up a long journey, and we were greeted with a very warm welcome by Edward, Malcom and their lovely lab, Leo. It has all been said before but the room was clean and comfortable, the food was excellent - especially the chocolate and banana brioche bread and butter pudding! - and Dali had a wonderful time playing in the huge expanse of garden with Leo.
Malcolm keeps the garden in beautiful condition, and Edward is clearly very houseproud and a true food lover. All in all, this was an excellent stopover and I would highly recommend it to anyone. We found this accommodation on pawsabroad and chose it because they allowed dogs. Dali was welcomed just as much as we were - she gives it 5 stars too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Appletons a tranquil spot in the Heart of Central France, for short breaks or all inclusive full board holidays. Come and join us, we are just off of the A20 Paris / Toulouse auto route, 6.5Hrs from Calais or 5 Hrs from Dieppe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Appletons Farmhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Appletons Farmhouse Chavin
- Appletons Farmhouse France/Chavin