“Executive Retreats accommodation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mystique Beach House

Mystique Beach House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newell Beach
Mystique Beach House
You added Mystique Beach House to your Saves list
Olive St, Newell Beach, Queensland 4873, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Newell Beach B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“Executive Retreats accommodation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

We went to Mystique Beach house in Newell Beach for 5 nights, it was for our wedding so this was an extremely important decision for us, as we were having the wedding dinner at the house with our 12 members of our family.
The property is managed by Executive Retreats, and we paid several thousand to stay here, so we were expecting the very best. The owners of Executive Retreats knew that we were having our wedding on the beach in front of the house, and our dinner was to be on the lawn in front of the house. All was going beautifully until we were halfway through our entree and the sprinkler system went off and we all were soaked, as well as our food, table, wine, etc. We contacted Executive Retreats straight away to turn off the sprinklers and she did come out, but didnt even apologize or ask to speak to myself or my husband. She stayed for about 5 minutes then left and I never saw her again, even though we were staying at the house for another couple of days.
Our wedding dinner was ruined, as we had to move up to the deck and finish our dinner up there, which felt like any other night, rather than the special night which we had saved so long for and spent a lot of money on the flowers, table arrangements, chairs, table cloths etc, which we could not use.
My problem is not with the house, it was gorgeous, it is with the way this company handled it, as they knew the sprinklers were to come on that night and failed to mention it! She never called to talk to me or apologize or even to reimburse us for the money wasted on the hire equipment. I only heard from her when I wrote an email after arriving home, and even then she tried to blame the caterers for what had happened rather than accepting blame and trying to fix the problem.
It is coming up to a year since I was married, and I am still a bit sad when I think of how the night ended up. Though I will probably laugh about this in time.. :)

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Mystique Beach House? Share your experiences!